Where To Eat Near the Barclays Center, Atlantic Center Mall, BAM
Brooklyn's concentrated hub near the Atlantic Terminal and Atlantic Avenue subway station includes attractions that draw thousands: the Atlantic Center Mall, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and of course the vast Barclays Center, the new Brooklyn Nets stadium.
All of these attractions are located on Flatbush Avenue, which sports a few restaurants.
And although one can find food at the stadium and fast food at Atlantic Center mall too, sometimes its nice to have a meal in a typical Brooklyn neighborhood restaurant.
Here are some suggestions of a range of nearby restaurants.
- Gotham Market at Ashland at 590 Fulton Street This isn't your typical food court, the 16,000-square-foot hall located on the ground floor of a posh Fort Greene apartment building, the Gotham Market at the Ashland, periodically hosts pop up restaurants for local chefs. From the tasty brick oven Neapolitan-Style pizza at Apizza Regionale to the Southern comfort food at Mason Jar, this new food hall is teeming with some of the best food in Brooklyn.
- Alchemy Restaurant at 55 5th Avenue This beloved Park Slope Irish Tavern, predates Barclays Center. The cozy restaurant has exposed brick walls, wooden booths, and a menu of great eats.
- Stone Park Cafe at 324 5th Avenue A foodie's hangout, Stone Park Cafe's claim to fame is its adherence to a daily market menu. That means everything is very fresh, and often locally grown. The dinner menu at this American Fare restaurant always includes several seafood entrees.Reservation suggested for parties over 6; sometimes there's a line.
- Miriam Restaurant at 79 5th Avenue The popular Mediterranean atmospheric restaurant s located a short walk from Barclays Center, making it the perfect pre-event spot.
- Bogata Latin Bistro at 141 5th Avenue Soak in the lively atmosphere at this neighborhood favorite Latin bistro in Park Slope.
- Pacific Standard at 82 4th Avenue Attention all season ticket holders, this California themed Park Slope bar offers a frequent drinker card membership. If you don’t plan on drinking there regularly, just order one of their California drafts and hang out watching a west coast game on their TV.
- The Chocolate Room at 86 5th Avenue. This charming cafe has an extensive selection of decadent chocolate desserts.
- Shake Shack at 170 Flatbush Avenue Stop in for a tasty burger, fries and don't forget to order a shake at this outpost of the Danny Meyer burger chain. It's directly across from the Barclays Center entrance, so it's very convenient. Be prepared for lines, this place is very popular.
- The Montrose at 45 Fifth Avenue This Park Slope sports bar, located two blocks from Barclays Center, is the perfect spot for a pre game beer.
- Morgan's BBQ 267 Flatbush Avenue If you're heading to a game or an event at Barclays Center, you should fill up on BBQ at Morgan's Barbecue on Flatbush Avenue. Order Texas style BBQ, and enjoy a frito pie, a pulled pork sandwich, pork ribs and other classics. Sit outside in the warmer weather as you devour the tastiest grub at Morgan's.
- Black Forest 733 Fulton Street Located near BAM, this authentic German beer garden has a large selection of brews the incredible menu of German eats, which include Flammkuchen, Hauptgerichte, and other hard to pronounce German foods that are incredibly tasty.
- Habana Outpost at 757 Fulton Street This casual Mexican restaurant in Fort Greene is near BAM and is also a great destination. The spacious yard is a great spot to socialize while you eat some Mexican comfort food.
- Junior Restaurant at 386 Flatbush Ave Ext Go old school and dine on cheesecake at this iconic Brooklyn restaurant. The menu is filled with comfort food, but they are known for their cheesecake. It's open late, so you can definitely stop in for some dessert after a show.
- 4th Avenue Pub at 76 4th Avenue With over twenty beers on draft and free popcorn, this place is the perfect spot for a pre or post game brew. If you don't have tickets to the game, you can watch it here.
Edited by Alison Lowenstein