Thanksgiving is a holiday characterized by recognition of good fortune and dedication toward charity, but on the more superficial side, it's also about the food. If you're one that doesn't like to do all that shopping and cooking, though, here are a few suggestions for getting a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Oklahoma City restaurants. If you know of others, just drop me a note.
- Cracker Barrel - They're known for homemade food anyway, but they do Thanksgiving like you like it. Eat in the restaurant or get your meal to go. Either way, you can enjoy turkey, gravy, dressing, rolls, veggies and some fantastic made-from-scratch pies. They're open from 6 a.m. -10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and they recommend at least 24 hours notice on order.
700 Cornell Pkwy
- Ingrid's Kitchen - A popular spot in OKC for German cuisine since the late 1970's, Ingrid's offers a holiday meal to go as well as a Thanksgiving Day buffet. The buffet has specific seating times and includes all the traditional favorites as well as house specialties, and cost is $22.95 for adults, $10.95 for the kids 6 to 12 years old, and $6.95 for children under 6. Reservations are recommended.
3701 North Youngs
- La Baguette - An Oklahoma City favorite, deli and bakery La Baguette has for many years offered a "Whole Turkey Dinner." It serves 8-12 people and includes roasted turkey, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing and more Thanksgiving favorites. Desserts can be added for an additional charge.
7408 N. May Ave.
- Luby's - The longtime family cafeteria has a Thanksgiving meal available, with several package choices starting at $59.99 for 4-6 people. Larger packages serve 10-12 for $84.99. You can get roasted, smoked or even deep fried turkey, and there are also ala carte options and add-ons. Pick up from 7-10 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning.
9410 N. May Ave.
- Mimi's Cafe - This chain is well-known for having holiday meals at their many locations across several states. Get all the traditional favorites like turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie as well as a few great specialties such as their whipped sweet potatoes with brown sugar and spice.
3015 W. Memorial Rd.
- University of Oklahoma's Faculty House - This restaurant and banquet center will be providing prepared Thanksgiving meals, enough to serve about 8-12 people, for under $100. Included with 18 to 20 pounds of turkey are potatoes, stuffing, green beans, corn, gravy and dinner rolls. You can also get additional items such as cobbler and casserole at an additional cost but must order by Nov. 17.
601 N.E. 14th
- Western Sizzlin' - This popular chain will have a first-come, first-serve turkey buffet with all the great Thanksgiving favorites on Thanksgiving Day. In past years, prices have been around the following: Adults $14.99, Seniors $13.99 and children under 6-10 $7.99. The little ones are just $5.99.
2110 SW 74th St.