Reporting a Neighborhood Complaint in Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City Cityscape Against Sky

Chad Cahill/EyeEm/Getty Images

Do you have a neighbor complaint in Oklahoma City? Whether it's an abandoned vehicle, high grass, noise, trash, a fence issue, or any other neighborhood-related concern or violation, let the city know about it.

Contact Options

OKC has a service by which you can submit your grievances and report the violation or problem through an online form. In addition, the city has an Android and Apple iOS mobile applications. Citizens can also email at, call 405-297-2535 and speak to an operator on Mondays through Fridays between 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. or text questions to 405-252-1053.

Information Needed

You will need to provide information on the address, the nature of the complaint, and how to contact you. The city then notifies the proper enforcement division to investigate the report. If you choose, they'll even get back to you and let you know how the situation was handled.

Common, Reportable Neighborhood Complaints

Per the offical OKC Connect site, these are the most common issues. You may also contact the city Action Center at (405) 297-2535 if the problem or violation is not listed on the form. They can help direct your call to the appropriate entity.

Animal Welfare

Report animal-related issues such as a loose dog, excessive barking, or dead animal removal.


Report disability-related issues such as handicap signage, parking or markings.


Report fire-related problems including illegal burning, fire hazards or smoke alarm concerns.


Report issues relating to graffiti sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place or private structure.

Health Hazards

Report health hazards such as excessive feces, pests, or raw sewage outside.

High Grass or Weeds

Report tall grass or weeds that exceed 12” in height.

Street Light Outrage

Streetlight issues and outages reported through the Action Center will be forwarded to OG&E.


Report parking concerns such as illegal parking on street, inoperable vehicles, or yard parking.


Park related issues such as golf courses, mowing requests or general concern.


Report issues concerning permits, inspections or licensing such as building, electrical, plumbing violations, illegal garage sales, or illegal business in a neighborhood.


Report police-related issues such as illegal parking, speeding, or suspected drug, gang, or prostitution activity.

Property Maintenance

Report property maintenance concerns such as a structure being vacant or unsecured, a dilapidated structure or a structure needing property repairs.

Public Transporation

Report issues concerning public transportation such as a bus bench, bus driver or vehicle for hire.


If your landlord refuses to fix your issues, the complaining party must provide valid contact information such as name, phone number, address, and apartment/building number. For issues that cannot be worked by the City, please contact the Metro Fair Housing Council at 232-3247.


Report street, creek, or drainage issues such as potholes, street repairs or damaged guardrails.

Traffic Signage/Signals

Report traffic signage and signal related issues such as damaged or missing street signs, traffic light timing, or a traffic signal malfunction.

Trash/Junk & Debris

Report junk and debris or trash violations such as bulk waste, uncontained loose trash or junk and debris on private property.

View Obstruction

Report view obstructions around street signs, hazards to the roadway, or on private property.


Report water or sewer issues such as illegal outdoor watering or a request to redress a yard.

Zoning Violation

Report violations such as operating a business or keeping poultry on land not zoned for these purposes.


Report any other concerns such as an airport concern or a Cox Cable concern.

Was this page helpful?