01 of 04
Reno Parks Rentable Reservable Shelters
You will find a variety of rentable park shelter facilities at several of Reno's public parks. The phone number to find out about current rental rates and to make reservations is (775) 334-2260. Hours during which you may rent a park shelter during the summer months are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. It's 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the off-season.
As you would expect, there are numerous rules involved with renting a park shelter. Rental fees and requirements vary depending on the type of event you may be hosting. Get more details by calling Reno Parks, Recreation & Community Services at (775) 334-2260 or download the Reservable Park Shelter Brochure.
Reservations for park shelters will be taken beginning on the first business day in October for the upcoming year. Rentals are taken on a first come, first served basis.
Here are the Reno parks with rentable shelters, along with addresses and the area of the city in which they are located...
- Huffaker Park, 1160 E. Huffaker Ln. (Southeast)
- Miguel... Ribera Park, 3925 Neil Rd. (Southeast)
- Mira Loma Park, 3000 S. McCarran Blvd. (Southeast)
- Pickett Park, 250 Kirman Ave. (Southeast)
- Idlewild Park - Terrace, 1805 Idlewild Dr. (Southwest)
- Idlewild Park - Snowflake, 1805 Idlewild Dr. (Southwest)
- Idlewild Park - Rose Garden, 1805 Idlewild Dr. (Southwest)
- Manzanita Park, 630 Manzanita Ln. (Southwest)
- Virginia Lake Park, 1980 Lakeside Dr. (Southwest)
- Dick Taylor Memorial Park, 1140 Beech St. (Northeast)
- Pat Baker Park, 1910 Bishop St. (Northeast)
- Teglia's Paradise Park-Pavilion, 2745 Elementary Dr. (Northeast)
- Canyon Creek Park, 1485 Robb Dr. (Northwest)
- Las Brisas Park, 5950 Las Brisas (Northwest)
- Northgate Park, 6450 Moonridge Terrace (Northwest)
- Whitaker Park, 550 University Terrace (Northwest)
- Silver Lake Park, 8855 Red Baron Blvd. (North Valleys)
More Places to Rent Park Facilities in the Reno Area
Continue to 2 of 4 below.
- Reno Parks Rentable Reservable Shelters
- Sparks Parks Rentable Shelters and Facilities
- Washoe County Parks Rentable Shelters
- Facility Rentals at the May Center
02 of 04
Sparks Parks Rentable Shelters and Facilities
Parks and recreation facilities in the City of Sparks include three community centers, two outdoor swimming venues, two sports complexes, and over 50 parks. Several of these offer facility rentals on a first come basis. Rentals are available for family gatherings, picnics, weddings, corporate picnics, and other special occasions. For more information, call (775) 353-2376 or email email@example.com.
The Sparks park and facility rentals page has links for more details, such as capacities, amenities, and fees. Here's what's available according to the Sparks Parks and Recreation Department...
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- Alf Sorensen Community Center, 1400 Baring Boulevard
- Larry D. Johnson Community Center, 1200 12th Street
- Recreation Gymnasium, 98 Richards Way
- Burgess Park, 1605 Pyramid Way
- Cottonwood Park, 777 Spice Island Drive
- Deer Park, 1700 Prater Way
- Glendale Park, 399 Coney Island Drive
- Oppio Park, 2355 18th Street
- Pah Rah Mountain Park, 1750 Shadow Lane
- Recreation Park, 98 Richards Way
- Rock Park/Whitewat...er Park, 1515 S. Rock Boulevard
- Sparks Marina Park, 300 Howard Drive
03 of 04
Washoe County Parks Rentable Shelters
Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space offers numerous rental facilities, ranging from small picnic shelters to elaborate venues such as the Historic Huffaker School, Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater, and large community buildings. There is something for virtually any type of gathering, from family picnics to big weddings. Parks with rental facilities span the county, from the North Valleys down to Washoe Valley south of Reno. A list of available rentals and detailed descriptions of what is available is included in the online (and downloadable) Reservable Facilities Guide.
There is an online Parks and Reservable Facilities page where you can search by park, type of activity, and date of availability. This page also has links to reservation policies, fee schedule, and a special activity/event questionnaire. Reservation office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, closed on Fridays. For more information, call (775) 823-6501.
Here are the Washoe County Parks with a... variety of rentable facilities...
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
- Bartley Ranch Regional Park
- Hidden Valley Regional Park
- Galena Creek Regional Park
- Davis Creek Regional Park
- Lazy 5 Regional Park
- Cold Springs Park
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park
- Sun Valley Community Park
- Lemmon Valley Park
- North Valleys Regional Park
- South Valleys Regional Park
- Bowers Mansion Regional Park
04 of 04
Facility Rentals at the May Center
The Wilbur D. May Center at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park offers a variety of rental facilities.
At the Wilbur D. May Museum, indoor space that can be rented including the Garden Court, a kitchen, and the Double Diamond Room. The Garden Court is almost like a beautiful greenhouse, complete with well-tended plants and running water. It is a popular setting for weddings. Call (775) 823-6501 for reservation information.
The Wilbur D. May Arboretum and Botanical Gardens contains several individually themed garden areas that can be rented for various functions. Among them are the Burke Garden, Honey's Garden, Plaza Garden, Evan's Creek Bridge Garden, and Columbus Gazebo. The Arboretum is particularly popular for outdoor weddings.
The Ranch House is a fully restored historical ranch house with a variety of rooms and a courtyard available to reserve for weddings, receptions, retreats, and other social or business gatherings. The Ranch House has a full kitchen and bar area.