Whether you'd like an Ayurvedic massage, aromatherapy, or facial and body treatment, there are some excellent luxury day spas in Mumbai to cater for all your needs. Many also have private suites for couples, so you can enjoy relaxing with your loved one. The spas in this article are all located outside the city's five-star hotels.
If you're looking for a luxury hotel spa, the Taj Palace Hotel in Colaba, Oberoi in Nariman Point (south Mumbai), the JW Marriott on Juhu beach (western suburbs), the Four Seasons in Worli, and St. Regis in Lower Parel (central south Mumbai) are recommended. However, some are only open to hotel guests. The new 6,500 square foot Jiva Spa at the Taj Palace Hotel has a Turkish hammam.
The Palms Spa's convenient Colaba location makes it ideal for worn out tourists who feel in need of some pampering and rejuvenation. It's a small but soothing spa, with impressive attention to detail. The menu features several classics including herbal detox massages, Thai massage, Balinese massage, and deep tissue sports massages. Plus, innovative treatments and therapies. Masseuses are from Thailand, and top quality imported brands Sothys (Paris) and BCL scrubs (USA) are used. In mid 2017, the company opened a new state-of-the-art branch, Bambuq by The Palms Spa, on Malabar Hill's Napean Sea Road.
- Address: Dhanraj Mahal, Apollo Bunder, opposite The Yacht Club (near the Gateway of India), Colaba. Phone: (22) 6634-9898/9922.
- Opening Hours: 9 a.m. to 10.30 p.m. daily.
- Cost: Massage prices start from 1,400 rupees for a 30 minute reflexology foot massage. Expect to pay 3,400 to 3,900 rupees for a 60 minute massage. 90 minute massages are also available from 4,900 rupees upwards.
- What's Good: The Jet Lag package, which is a combination of body scrub, full body, and foot massage for 5,900 rupees.
Salt Escape opened in 2015 and is the first spa in Mumbai to offer salt therapy, which helps treat respiratory and skin conditions. The therapy involves spending an hour in a salt room that's regulated to resemble that of a natural salt cave. The salt aerosol particles are calibrated in size to either be absorbed by the lungs or the surface cells of the skin, depending on your health issue. The owner established the spa after searching for a solution to his debilitating rhinitis, which was caused by the environment in Mumbai.
- Address: Hanuman Building, 300 Perin Nariman Street, Fort. Phone: (22) 2269-0035.
- Opening Hours: 9.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. daily.
- Cost: 1,400 rupees for one session. Various packages are also available.
Myrah, with its warm Mediterranean inspired decorations, means "fragrance" in Greek. This award-winning day spa is a favorite of Bollywood celebrities and now has two branches in Mumbai. The newest branch on Marine Drive opened in 2016 and is handy for tourists who are staying in south Mumbai. Spread over 11,000 square feet, it's possibly the largest day spa in the city. Meanwhile, the suburban Juhu branch was completely refurbished in 2018, and also has new and striking interiors. The innovative "journeys" and "experiences" consist of massages and body treatments, express treatments, slimming and detox, and skincare options. Of note are treatments for expectant mothers, performed by specially trained pre-natal massage therapists.
- Address: 11 Palm Spring Society (behind Shoppers Stop), JVPG Scheme, Juhu. Phone: 9820040002 (cell). Meghdoot CHS, 95-B Netaji Subhash Chandra Road, Marine Drive. Phone: 9820904497 (cell).
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays. 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekends.
- Cost: Massage prices start from 2,500 rupees for a 60 minute Swedish massage. Expect to pay 5,500 rupees for the 85 minute Hot Stone Asian Blend massage, and 4,000 rupees for a 60 minute Lymphatic Drainage Massage. 30 minute body scrubs and facials start from 2,000 rupees. Couples "journeys" range from about 11,000 to 23,000 rupees.
- What's Good: The Myrah Signature Envelopment is a mix of scrub, mask, and pressure point massage of your head and face. It's designed to leave your body feeling totally replenished.
AddressRewa House Bungalow, Opposite Cadbury House & Audi South Bank of India Lane, Bhulabhai Desai Marg, Haji Ali, Mahalaxmi West, Breach Candy, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026, India
Phone+91 22 2352 0580
You'll be able to forget the city for a while and enjoy a serene sea view at Rewa Escape, Mumbai's first spa by the bay. This intimate, award-winning boutique spa launched in 2011 and is highly-regarded for offering luxury for less. As well as the usual manicures, body scrubs and massages, Rewa Escape also has some unique signature treatments including dry body massages, and a special Romantic Couples Ritual.
- Address: Rewa House Bungalow, opposite Cadbury House and Audi South, Bank of India Lane, Bhulabhai Desai Road, near Peddar Road. Phone: (22) 2352-0580.
- Opening Hours: 10.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: Expect to pay 890 rupees for a 30 minute foot or head massage. Body scrubs cost 2,000 rupees for 60 minutes. A 75 minute Ayurvedic Healing or Indian Deep Tissue massage is 2,800 rupees, and 3,800 rupees for 105 minutes.
- What's Good: The House Favorite is a blend of Thai, Deep Tissue and Ayurvedic massage techniques (4,500 rupees for 105 minutes). It's designed to relieve muscular tension and improve blood circulation.
This luxurious 8,000 square foot Mediterranean-themed wellness sanctuary with colossal courtyard vertical garden is an extension of French brand L'Occitane, renowned for its natural beauty products from Provence in the south of France. The treatment suites are like mini hotel rooms, with bathtubs and steam chambers. There's even a VIP Couples Suite. Signature "Aromachologie" massages are divided into revitalizing or relaxing depending on the type of oil blends and techniques used. The spa also has a hammam for exclusive wet body treatments. A wide range of other therapies are also available including facials, scrubs, wraps, Ayurveda, and Indian head massages. Make an appointment well in advance as the spa is usually booked out on weekends.
- Address: Apollo Mills Compound, adjacent to Lodha Bellissimo, NM Joshi Marg, Lower Parel. Phone: (22) 2305-9055.
- Opening Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: From 3,250 rupees for a 60 minute full body massage. Body wraps are 3,500 rupees. Foot reflexology is 1,500 rupees for 30 minutes. Facials are 4,000 rupees. Head massage is 2,500 rupees. Hammam treatments range from 1,500 rupees to 9,500 rupees.
- What's Good: Try the 120 minute Provencal Detoxing Hamman treatment or Revitalizing Aromachologie Balinese and Lomi Lomi Massage.
Areopagus is a Japanese day spa that provides unique Japanese massage techniques, derived from the ancient therapy of Shaitsu. It also incorporates a mix of Chinese and Greek therapies. (Areopagus is rock near Athens where an ancient public court held meetings). Choose from a range of signature massages, facials, mud wraps and scrubs, and reflexology. The massages are targeted towards balancing and purifying the body. One of the more unusual massages is Tai Chi Therapy, designed to improve the flow of life energies in the body.
- Address: Multiple locations. The main ones are Girgaum Chowpatty, Shivaji Park (Dadar), and Juhu.
- Opening Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: Rates start from 1,770 rupees for a 60 minute foot reflexology treatment. 120 minute signature massages range from 5,900 rupees to 8,260 rupees. Expect to pay 2,590 rupees to 3,540 rupees for a 60-80 minute massage.
- What's Good: The Energy Holds Therapy is a 60 minute full body massage that invigorates a sluggish mind and body.
A destination to de-stress, Shen Reflexology offers some of the best hand and foot massages in Mumbai, with focus on specific pressure points to benefit the body. Add-on massages are available for head, neck, shoulders and back. Other therapies include hot stone reflexology, facial massage, Shiatsu body massage, and lymphatic drainage massage.
- Address: G3 , Heera House, Junction of 1st and 12th Road, between Citibank and Madhu Park, Khar West. Phone: (22) 2605-5578.
- Opening Hours: 11.30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cost: From 630 rupees for a 30 minute hand and foot massage, going up to 1,980 for a 90 minute Shiatsu body massage.
- What's Good: The hand and foot reflexology combos will leave you feeling rejuvenated.
Four Fountains is a popular chain of affordable luxury day spas in the Mumbai suburbs, with a focus on health and de-stressing. The spa offers a range of special packages and treatments to address health concerns such as fatigue, insomnia, pain, anxiety, and ageing. Therapies include Aromatherapy, Swedish and Thai massages, scrubs, body wraps, and facials.
- Address: Multiple locations including Bandra West, Powai, Andheri West, and Malad. Phone for an appointment at any location: 9987004004 (cell).
- Opening Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: Most therapies are priced from 1,250 rupees to 3,000 rupees. There are discounts on weekdays too, as well as membership plans.
- What's Good: Try the 90 minute Deep Relaxation Package, which incorporates Pain Relieving Massage for sore muscles and Cervical Massage to alleviate mental exhaustion.
Although Metta Reflexology Spa is lacking in luxury, it's still worthy of being included on this list due to its extraordinary massage therapists and feelgood experience provided. All the therapists at the spa (its name means "loving kindness") are visually impaired and many are completely blind. Each therapist has undergone a six month reflexology training program, so they are appropriately qualified. Their work gives them purpose. And, their loss of sight means that their other senses, such as touch, are heightened. Another plus point is that the rates are very reasonable. It's outstanding value for money!
- Address: 18 B, Pali Village, Bandra West. Phone: 9870599923 (cell).
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cost: 300 rupees for a 30 minute foot massage. 400 rupees for a 60 minute feet, back, shoulders, head and hand massage.