Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products and services; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Whether you want to go on a yoga holiday, or study yoga more seriously, Goa is a popular place to do so. There are plenty of Goa yoga retreats to choose from. Most are located in north Goa and are generally open from October to May each year. Here's the pick of the bunch, offering everything from drop in classes to lengthier courses, for all budgets. Many focus on holistic wellness, and also provide Ayurvedic treatments and other natural therapies.
Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat, Cola (South Goa)
One of the most popular places for a yoga vacation in south Goa, Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat is located amid a palm grove on secluded Cola (not to be confused with Colva) beach near Agonda beach. Unlike most yoga retreats in Goa, this one is run by an Indian yogi who has a Diploma in Ashtanga Yoga and Naturopathy. Two yoga classes are offered each day on the beachfront. Organic vegetarian Indian meals (including vegan and gluten-free) are provided, and you can also take complimentary cooking classes. There are Ayurveda facilities on the premises too. For those interested in more intense yoga practice, various 10-15 day themed yoga retreats, led by world-renowned yoga teachers, are held throughout the year.
- Cost: Rates for yoga holidays (including meals, accommodations in deluxe bamboo beach cottages, and two yoga sessions a day) start from 4,700 rupees ($68) per person per day, twin share. Ayurvedic massages are available for 1,500 rupees per hour.
Bamboo Yoga Retreat, Patnem (South Goa)
Bamboo Yoga Retreat (formerly Lotus Yoga Retreat) has an idyllic location on south Goa's chilled-out Patnem beach, close to restaurants and shops. There are three dedicated yoga shalas, plus a separate spa area for massages and therapies. Both yoga holidays and more intensive yoga retreats are offered, with a range of flexible classes and styles for all levels. Accommodations are provided in eco-friendly beach huts with attached bathrooms. The extensive spa treatments on offer include reiki, massage, shiatsu, Ayurveda, and body scrubs.
- Cost: Rates vary, depending on the location of the hut, and start from about $70 per person per day, twin share. Accommodations, meditation and yoga, and healthy vegetarian breakfast and lunch are included.
Kranti Yoga Village Beach Resort, Patnem (South Goa)
Kranti Yoga Village Beach Resort, also located on Patnem beach, is for more serious students. It offers 100, 200, 300 and 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses in Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow Yoga, week-long intensive yoga courses, and yoga holidays (minimum three night stay required). Daily pranayama (breathing), meditation, kriyas, (nostril cleansing techniques) asana (posture) practice, restorative flow and Yoga Nidra are all part of yoga holidays. There are also optional evening activities including full moon and candlelight meditations, and yoga movies.
- Cost: Rates for yoga holidays start from about $45 per night for one person and $90 per night for two people. Meals, deluxe cottage accommodations in the colorful Yoga Village, one Ayurvedic massage per week, and all activities are included.
Ashiyana, Mandrem (North Goa)
If you're looking for a yoga holiday where you can detox and pamper yourself, try Ashiyana Yoga Resort in Mandrem. Special Detox and Rejuvenation Retreats run throughout the season. The Spa and Treatment Center has a swimming pool, Turkish sauna, and six treatment rooms offering individual therapies, day spa packages, and elixir programs. The accommodations range from budget sea facing beach huts to utterly gorgeous luxurious riverside suites and eco-lodges. There's even a couple of tree houses, which are very romantic.
- Cost: Yoga holiday prices start from about $60 per person, per day, twin sharing (staying in a hut with attached bathroom) and include accommodations, two buffet meals a day, drop-in yoga classes, and all Ashiyana creative activities (such as chanting, meditation). Detox and Rejuvenation Retreats cost from $500 per week, plus the cost of accommodations.
The Mandala, Mandrem (North Goa)
The Mandala is the eclectic creation of artists and designers from around the world, situated five minutes from Mandrem beach in north Goa. Yoga is practiced in a serene geodesic spirit dome by the riverside. Various styles and ongoing retreats are offered during the season. Other facilities and activities include a healthy restaurant, juice bar, and nature trips such as river kayaking and bird watching. Yoga holidays at The Mandala focus on cleansing and detoxing with a special diet and nutrition advice.
- Cost: Rates for yoga holidays start from about $45 per person, per day. This price includes two yoga classes per day, plus all meals and supplements. Accommodations are additional and start from $35 per night for an eco-village room with shared bathroom.
SWAN Yoga Retreat, Assagao (North Goa)
If you'd like to get a taste of an yoga ashram life in Goa, then SWAN Yoga Retreat is for you. It's run by sannyasins trained at the Bihar School of Yoga, one of the top yoga centers in India, and is based on the teachings of Paramhamsa Swami Satyananda Saraswati. Sacred tantric fire rituals, puja (traditional prayers in our temple), singing kirtans (traditional devotional chants), and daily yoga classes (mainly in classical hatha yoga style) are held. Inexpensive, yet spacious and cozy, accommodations are provided in eco-friendly cottages. The retreat center is situated on land filled with fruit and nut trees near in the quiet village of Assagao in north Goa. Various packages and retreats are offered, including one and two week yogic "holydays" with set schedules.
- Cost: From 28,000 rupees per person, twin share, for a one week yogic "holyday". The price includes all meals, morning meditation, asana class, yogic kriyas, and special yoga techniques.
Banyan Tree Yoga, Ashwem (North Goa)
This eco-friendly yoga village is made up of 10 huts, and as its name suggests, is tucked away near a holy banyan tree 20 minutes walk from Ashwem beach. The earthy yoga shala has been constructed from mud, clay and cow dung. Hatha flow yoga is taught there, which is based on asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques). There are morning and evening classes for all levels, and drop-in classes are also available. The healthy vegetarian meals are all prepared with ingredients grown on the property or by local farmers. Do note that the cottages all have composting Indian-style (squat) toilets.
- Cost: 4,500 rupees ($70) per night. Special one week detox retreats are sometimes held and cost about $800 per person.
Yoga Magic Eco Retreat, Anjuna (North Goa)
Yoga Magic is a unique eco-friendly place with a magical atmosphere, tucked away amidst coconut palms and rice paddy fields near Anjuna beach. Nature is key here. Accommodations are provided in luxurious individually decorated Rajasthani hunting tents. Daily yoga classes (in various styles: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Scaravelli, Sivananda, Kundalini and Iyengar) are held in the Yoga temple, shaped from mud, clay and cow dung. There's also a swimming pool, organic vegetarian restaurant, and resident artists and musicians.
- Cost: Seven night yoga holidays cost from 38,000 rupees ($570) per person, twin share. The price includes accommodations, meditation, 12 yoga classes, and meals.
Purple Valley Yoga Retreat, Assagao (North Goa)
Purple Valley Yoga Retreat is located in a lush secluded valley near Assagao, in north Goa. Ashtanga yoga is the specialty there. The Retreat is for serious students, with two week yoga courses recommended as the minimum (although it's possible to attend for only one week if need be). Each course has different classes according to the teacher who's there at the time (detailed information about each teacher is provided on the website so you can book the course you're most interested in). Ayurvedic treatments and beauty therapies are also offered. There's a swimming pool as well.
- Cost: From around $1,200 per person, twin share, for a two week retreat. Prices include accommodations, classes, and three vegetarian meals a day.
Satsanga Retreat, Parra (North Goa)
Family-run Satsanga Retreat is situated in Parra, between Anjuna beach and Mapusa. It's a delightful place to relax and be well, with daily yoga classes, Swedish massage, Ayurvedic treatments, vegetarian Ayurvedic meals (cooked by an Ayurvedic chef from Kerala), chakra balancing, energy work, counseling, and Ayurvedic gem therapy. Guests can unwind in the swimming pool and tropical gardens as well. Accommodations are provided in 15 warmly decorated rooms, all with private baths and solar hot water, mosquito nets and ceiling fans. Numerous retreats are held throughout the season but guests are welcome to stay there individually for a personal yoga holiday.
- Cost: Varies, depending on the retreat.
Earth Yoga Village, Palolem (South Goa)
Walk across the rickety bamboo bridge at the northern end of Palolem beach and you'll find yourself among a special community at Earth Yoga Village. The village has the motto "‘Live the Life you Love and Love the Life you Live". Everyone who is interested in wellness and personal growth is welcome there, not just those practicing yoga. The aim is to get people to reconnect with themselves and rejuvenate. In addition to yoga holidays and Yoga Teacher Training, various other retreats are held including conscious living retreats and vegan cooking retreats. Wholesome food is served and traditional healing therapies provided. In addition, Wednesday is a silent day in the village to allow introspection. The village operates from November until April each year, and has accommodation for 35 people in comfortable eco-friendly huts and dorms.
- Cost: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training programs cost from $1,350 in a shared female dorm. 29 day Conscious Living retreats cost from $730 in a shared female dorm. 29 day Vegan Cooking retreats cost from $820 in a shared female dorm.
The Beach House, Colva (South Goa)
Setup by former pharmacist, this new boutique wellness resort is situated in a secluded spot on Sernabatim Beach, near Colva beach in south Goa. It has 15 luxurious rooms and offers a wide variety of all-inclusive wellness programs ranging from Total Body Re-Balancing, to an Intensive Yoga Retreat focusing on both the theoretical and practical aspects of yoga. There's also pranayama, meditation, Ayurvedic consultations, and wholesome vegetarian yogic cuisine. The team of in-house specialists includes doctors, nutritionists, and hypnotherapists.
- Cost: There are five, seven, 10 and 14 night yoga retreats starting from around $1,200 per person, twin share.