Regent Taipei: The Place to Stay in Taiwan's Exciting Capital
First, Why Visit Taiwan?
Taiwan, the Republic of China, is a sensational luxury travel destination. Taiwan is a progressive, exciting First World nation. It is an island the size of Maryland, set off the coast of Mainland China,
In a nutshell: Taiwan is the easy way to visit China. Taiwan gives you the full Chinese flavor with some considerable advantages over visiting the mainland
• Taiwan is a clean, green, unpolluted country; you'll breathe easier
• Taiwan's roads and rails are safe
• You don't need a visa to visit Taiwan
• Taiwan treats visitors with kindness and respect
• Interested? See my photos of Taiwan >>
Regent Taipei: The Place to Stay in Taipei
Even more intrigued now? Then here's my top hotel pick in Taiwan's dynamic capital city, Taipei: Regent Taipei. This locally beloved, centrally located hotel is the flagship of the historic and vibrant Regent Hotels & Resorts brand, based right here in Taipei.
Regent Taipei Will Treat You with Honor and Respect
There are a few good reasons to choose the Regent Taipei over other Taipei hotels.
I'm a stickler about hotel service. I know the difference between merely very good service and superlative service, the kind that luxury hotels strive for.
Regent Hotel Taipei offers no-doubt-about-it, five-star service. From the moment you emerge from your car or taxi at the hotel's elegant porte-cochere, you're enveloped by caring hotel professionals.
I was. And I saw these royal welcomes recur again and again, with regular guests who were known to the hotel, and with first-time visitors as well. It's just how guests are treated at The Regent Taipei. It's a good feeling.
Find out where the best rooms are in the Regent Taipei >>
Regent Taipei's Best Rooms Are on Its Exceptional "Tai Pan Club" Floor
Where to Stay: Regent Hotel Taipei 19th Floor Tai Pan Club
Regent Taipei is a big hotel. It has 538 guest accommodations in various configurations of rooms and suites.
Luxury travelers know that one way to get the most out of their hotel stay is to book a room or suite on the hotel's club floor.
Regent Taipei has a particularly appealing club floor called Tai Pan Cub, set on hotel's next-to-top floor, the 19th floor.
Rooms on Regent Taipei's Fantastic Tai Pan Club Floor
Tai Pan Cub rooms are among the most sensibly designed hotel rooms I've seen. They are not huge, but they have everything a luxury traveler might want or need. The room:
• Is appealingly furnished with modern lines, handsome dark-wood furniture, and plush carpeting that create a quiet cocoon
• Floor-to-ceiling windows provide a mesmerizing view of Taiwan's two-million-strong capital city
• The bed is amazingly comfortable, providing sound sleep
• The desk is ample and the Aeron chair ergonomically healthful
• There's plenty of counter space and some drawers
• The ample closet has a safe, more drawers, and shelves for your clothes and luggage
• The white marble bathroom features a huge whirlpool tub, a separate rainfall shower, dual sinks, Hermes toiletries, and a Panasonic spritzer toilet similar to the renowned Toto john
• Wifi is strong throughout the hotel and cost-free
Regent Hotel Taipei 19th Floor Tai Pan Club Lounge
The Tai Pan Club Lounge is a great example of a club floor lounge. Most guests who stay on this floor spend a good deal of their in-hotel time within the lounge's doors.
• The lounge is good-looking and comfortable, with cushy seating a variety of rooms and nooks, and terrific Taipei views
• A staff of concierges provides enhanced services for Residence guests
• Food "presentations" (meals and snacks) are offered nearly throughout the day
• Breakfast is a highlight, featuring a dim sum chef as well as custom omelets
• Wine and top-shelf liquors are poured from cocktail hour onwards
• Not sure if this is for you? Find out if upgrading to a hotel club floor will be worth it to you
Find out just how good the international dining is at the Regent Taipei >>
Great Global Dining at The Regent Hotel Taipei
A World of Dining at Regent Taipei
Regent Taipei is very committed to its F&B (food and beverage), and dining is one of the pleasures of staying here.
Regent Taipei's eight signature restaurants bring a world of cuisines to guests.
Silks House cooks Taiwanese dishes for a citywide clientele.
• It is a bright and sunny place, with terrific people-watching
• The menu is Taiwanese, serving the regional Chinese food of this sophisticated island nation
The exclusive and expensive Lan Ting offers refined classic Cantonese and Szechuan fare.
• The restaurant is considered one of the purest Chinese kitchens in Taipei
• Fine examples of Chinese arts (calligraphy, ceramics, landscape painting) are on lavish display
• Seating ranges from cozy secluded tables to 10 private dining rooms
Robin's Grill is a Taipei legend presided over by dapper, welcoming Robin Liu
• As the name implies, Robin's specialty is steaks and chops
• Seafood and salads (from a sparkling bar) are popular orders, too
• Robin's multi-course menus are a good way to taste everything
• Robin's wine cellar is one of Taiwan's biggest and best
• Four VIP rooms house Taipei's social and business elite at lunch and dinner
Robin's Teppanyaki features Taipei's only teppanyaki tables, for hand-grilling meats and other ingredients on a hot iron sheet
• The cuisine is Japanese, the flair is French, the ingredients global
• A number of private rooms are available
Mihan Honke is Taipei's food critics' favorite Japanese eatery.
• It finesses three styles of cooking from the Land of the Rising Sun: shabu shabu (hot pot) robata (grill), and yakiniku (broth-based)
• An entrance wall of antique sake barrels signals the restaurant's scrupulous authenticity
azie, open till midnight and featuring live music, is a Taipei social hub.
• The design is an atrium, with a lively, light-filled atmosphere
• The cuisine is a contemporary fusion of Asian and Western dishes
• Young Taipei locals love Azie's house-baked gourmet pizzas
Brasserie is the hotel's tempting and very popular buffet.
• Hundreds of just-off-the-stove dishes cover Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, and many other cuisines
• Two don't-miss specialties: ultra-fresh seafood (as in pic above) and Cantonese dim sum
• The Brasserie's sunny dining room feels like a garden in the city
The Gallery is a long, stylish bar.
• Here, you can sip hand-mixed cocktails, wine, coffee
• And also small plates, sandwiches, salads, and desserts
Regent Taipei Hosts Culinary Festivals and Galas
Regent Hotels & Resorts are hailed for cultivating promising young chefs and turns them into superstars.
Regent Taipei's Culinary Gala Every Fall
• A highlight of Taipei's annual social calendar, the Culinary Gala presents days and nights of food, fashion, glamour, and gems (from the Regent's in-house diamond boutiques in its Galleria mall)
If you like having a spa, pool, gym, or shopping at your hotel, read on >>
Fitness, Swimming, Spa, and Shopping at Regent Taipei
The Guest Experience at Regent Taipei: Fitness, Spa, Shopping
The hotel caters to guests who want to keep up with their fitness regimen while in Taipei.
Gym at Regent Taipei
• The hotel gym is well-equipped
• Ample cardio machines have personal screens
• One unusual piece of gym equipment: an automated blood-pressure cuff for post-workout checks
The hotel's rooftop lap pool is a rarity in any big-city-hotel.
• This refreshing pool is scenic, with panoramic views of Taipei in all directions
• It is heated year-round
• This pool is a favorite of Taipei's lap swimmers, who can join the hotel's swim club
• Swimmers often get their own lane
Regent Taipei's Wellspring Spa
The hotel's penthouse Wellspring Spa is a Taipei enclave of sophistication and well-being.
• It is full-service, with a vast menu of treatments
• Some favorites: a revivifying jet-lag treatment; a four-handed massage; whole-body skin polishing lular treatment from Bali; essential oil-rich treatments including a wonderfully fragrant and relaxing custom bath
• The spa's private Gents Space offers men's facials, razor shaves, massages, and more
• Multi-service packages are easy to arrange
Shopping at Regent Taipei
The hotel houses more retail space than any other Taiwan hotel, with over 50 luxury boutiques right on the premises in The Galleria.
• The Galleria occupies two floors
• Its shops include worldwide luxury labels from Europe (Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Dior, Hermes, Valentino ) the US (Tiffany, Tod's, Tory Burch)
• Services offered to clients at The Galleria include private shopping, personal shoppers, butlers, child care, drivers, and more
• There's a club lounge for frequent and big spenders
• Customers can relax with coffee and tea shops and a branch of Paris's Patisserie Sadaharu Aoki, famed for Asian-flavored macarons
Buy Your Diamonds at Regent Taipei
The Galleria is renowned for its fine jewelry and watchmaker names including Bulgari, Cartier, Chaumet, Chopard, Graff, Harry Winston, Mikimoto, and more
• This is the place to buy that five-carat, flawless diamond
Like what you've read about The Regent Taipei? Here's how to get in touch >>
Regent Taipei: How to Find Out More & Get in Touch
Where to Find Out More About Regent Taipei
• On the hotel's website
• On Facebook
• Via email
• By phone from North America: 866.630.5890
• On Skype: reservation.regenttaipei
• Hotel photos on Pinterest
• More Regent hotel excellence: Regent Phuket Cape Panwa
The Regent Taipei
No. 3, Ln 39, Sec 2
Zhongshan N. Road
As is common in the travel industry, the Luxury Travel Expert was provided with a complimentary visit in order to describe the hotel. For more info, see our site's Ethics Policy.