When the presents have been unwrapped and the needles start falling off, it's time to start thinking about where to recycle your Christmas tree in the Kansas City area. Many locations throughout the metro will take your tree and brush for little or no cost and recycle it, turning your tree into either wood chips or landscaping mulch. Call before you go for the best available time.
Locations for Brush and Trees Drop-Off
- City of Kansas City, Missouri: Leaf and Brush Collection, 11660 N. Main St., 1815 N. Chouteau Trafficway and 10301 Raytown Rd. State-issued proof of residency is required. For more information on drop-off locations, call Missouri Organic: Phone: 816-483-0908.
- South Kansas City: Suburban Lawn and Garden Yard Waste Recycling Center, 201 W 139 St., Kansas City, Missouri; $1 disposal fee. Phone: 816-941-2438.
- Blue Springs: Pink Hill Park, 2715 Park, Blue Springs, Missouri. Phone: 816-228-0137.
- Gladstone: Gladstone Public Works, 4000 NE 76th St., Gladstone, Missouri. Phone: 816-436-2200.
- City of Kansas City, Kansas: City Park, 2601 Park Dr., Kansas City, Kansas. Phone: 913-573-8305.
- Lee's Summit: Yard Waste Drop-Off Center, 2101 SE Hamblen Rd., Lee's Summit, Missouri. Phone: 816-969-1804.
- Lenexa: Little Mill Creek Park, 7900 Cottonwood, Lenexa, Kansas. Phone: 913-541-8592.
- Liberty: City Park, 1100 Clayview Dr., Liberty, Missouri. Phone: 816-792-6008.
- Olathe: Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Rd., Olathe, Kansas. Phone: 913-888-4713.
- Overland Park: Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, 8909 W. 179th St., Overland Park, Kansas. Phone: 913-895-6273.
- Riverside: Damon Pursell Yardwaste Facility, 6105 NW Riverpark Dr., Riverside, Missouri. Phone: 816-304-3441.
- Shawnee: Deffenbaugh Recycling Center, 17955 Holiday Dr., Shawnee, Kansas. Phone: 913-631-3300.
- Shawnee: Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Rd., ShawneShawnee,s. Phone: 913-888-4713.