Raging Waters is a Southern California water park located in San Dimas, California, about 30 minutes inland from Downtown LA. It has the largest acreage and the second most water attractions (19) of the Southern California outdoor water parks, including a surfing wave pool where you can use body boards. This was the first water park in southern California and is still a favorite with locals.
Raging Waters Location and Phone Number:
Tickets to Raging Waters:
Raging Waters Rides:
Raging Waters has 19 water attractions including a floating river, a surf pool, some of the fastest slides, flumes, chutes and bowls in the area and 4 play areas just for kids. In 2015, they opened the first hydromagnetic coaster, a combination roller coaster and water slide. A rocket-style four-person raft travels at 30 miles per hour along a number of peaks and drops on a 1000-foot track.
- Aqua Rocket - Hydromagnetic coaster - 42" min to ride, 48" unaccompanied
- Bermuda Triangle - 3 twisting tunnel body slides - 48" min
- Dark Hole - 2-rider tube slide - 42" min
- Dragon's Den - Two-person bowl slide with enclosed flume- 48" min
- Drop Out - 7-story extreme body slide - 48" min
- High Extreme - Twisting extreme 600-foot flumes traveled head-first on mats - 48" min
- Neptune's Fury - A four-person raft travels 600 feet in the dark at 30 miles per hour - 42" min
- Speed Slides - Twin 8-story extreme body slides - 48" min
- Ragin' Racer - 8 lanes of head-first side-by-side mat racing - 42" min
- Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel of Terror - A dark tube slide with a 40 foot drop, vertical banks and 360 spins - 48" min
- Thunder Rapids - A 5-person raft rides wild water through a 14-foot-wide, 550-foot plume - 36"
- The Vortex - Two 270-foot enclosed spiral flumes - 42"
Kiddie Areas - parents must accompany children
- Kid's Kingdom - Water playground - max 48"
- The Little Dipper - Wading pool with fountains, mini-slides and waterfalls - 48" max
- Splash Island Adventure - 75 activities including 5 small water slides and a dump bucket
- Volcano Fantasea - Climbing tube that parents and kids can explore together
- Amazon Adventure River - 1/4 mile 3-foot deep floating river
- Wave Cove - Wave pool, under 48" must wear life jacket and stay with parents
- Lily Pads - Obstacle course on the water
Raging Waters Amenities:
Raging Waters has a variety of snack bars, changing rooms, and two sizes of lockers for rent ($6 regular or $8 large with a $5 key deposit). Free life jackets are available throughout the park. There are four lounger areas on pavement, grass and sand with 1000 chairs total, but you may bring your own chair if you want. Regular and premium cabanas are available to rent by the day.
Rules at Raging Waters:
- Raging Waters is a no smoking environment.
- Swimwear cannot have any metal or plastic on it anywhere to go on the water rides (no buckles, plastic ring connectors, sequins, rivets, etc.).
- "Provocative swimsuits are not allowed."
- No long pants or denim is allowed in the water areas.
- No cotton attire, including t-shirts on body slide rides
- Raging Waters has a very extensive dress code posted on their website.
Hotels Near Raging Waters:
Raging Waters Website: