- Rachel Cooper is a freelance travel writer and author with extensive knowledge of the Washington, D.C., region who has lived in the area since 1993.
- She is the author of "60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Washington, D.C.," "Images of Rail: Union Station in Washington, D .C.," and "AMC's Quiet Water: Mid-Atlantic."
- Her writing has appeared in Washingtonian, Alexandria Living Magazine, Destination Maryland, and Conde Nast Traveler.
Rachel Cooper is a former writer for TripSavvy, specializing in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, and mid-Atlantic region. She has more than a decade of online journalism and content creation experience. A native of Baltimore, Rachel has lived in the D.C. area since 1993. She has written thousands of articles for regional and national publications including Washingtonian, Alexandria Living Magazine, Montgomery Parks, ApartmentGuide.com, Destination Maryland, and Conde Nast Traveler. Rachel is a member of the North American Travel Journalists Association and leads guided hikes in the mid-Atlantic region for the Smithsonian Associates.
Rachel graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism.Awards and Publications
- "60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Washington, D.C." (Menasha Ridge Press, 2017)
- "Images of Rail: Union Station in Washington, D.C." (Arcadia Publishing, 2011)
- "AMC's Quiet Water: Mid-Atlantic" (Appalachian Mountain Club Books, 2018)
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.