Now all you need is the right people to make your Puerto Rican wedding everything you want it to be. Trust me; my sister's wedding was magical mainly because of one of the companies listed below sent one of their best people to take charge of the event, take care of us, and take interest in everything we were dreaming of. Years later, we're still good friends, and I have yet to attend a wedding that was as beautiful and memorable as the one she help put together.
01 of 06
While she's no longer there, it was Ariadne from Akua who made my sister's wedding in Old San Juan the most memorable and magical event I've ever been to. Her dedication, cheerful personality and can-do-anything attitude was not only contagious, it was extremely efficient.
Akua is a full-service event design and management group. They are particularly known for their flower arrangements, but they are more than up to the task of taking care of all your wedding day needs. You can reach them at 787-727-0137. If they have people like Ariadne on their staff, I can whole-heartedly recommend them.
02 of 06
I had the pleasure of meeting Julio and Emilio, the creative brains behind Arquetipo. I've been told by more than one person in the industry that these guys are the best in the business, and from what I've seen of their work, it's hard to argue. Arquetipo brings an artist's touch to conceptualizing everything from the color of the name cards to the type of firework you want at the end of the night.
It's not just the locals who think Arquetipo is peerless. Their work has been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings and InStyle Magazines. They have a network of the best coordinators, caterers, and staff on the island ... hence, it's perhaps not so surprising to know they're also among the most expensive wedding wizards in Puerto Rico.
03 of 06
Lisa Rodriguez provides the full gamut of services, including:
- Entertainment and music
- Cake designers
- Catering, bar & wait service
- Photography and videography
- Hair and Make-up
- Floral design and decoration
- Transportation, including limos, coaches and antique vehicles
- Design, including equipment rental
- Budget planning and management
You can contact Lisa at email@example.com or call her at 1-866-997-7933/917 755-7544.
04 of 06A full or partial service company (depending on your need and budget) that offers:
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Assistance with marriage license requirements
- Selecting the best site, from beachfront weddings to garden settings to indoor space.
- Catering and menu planning
- Vendor and contract negotiations
- Ceremony and reception coordination
- Floral arrangements and decor
- Photography and videography
- Wedding cakes
- Invitations, programs and other printed material
- Formal wear
- Spa and beauty packages
- Amenities and welcome baskets
- Organizing accommodations for family and friends
- Transportation (from discounted car rentals to private yachts)
- Excursions, tours and activities
05 of 06
Zahira Domenech is a PR and Advertising exec, radio host, writer and designer. She offers full or partial wedding planner services (check out her YouTube Video for a look at her work.
From coordination before the big day (marriage license requirements, calling your guests for RSVPs, unlimited access to your coordinator, and more) to coordination on the big day (setup, guest welcome, music, cake, and more), they do it all. In fact, their services are available for up to a year until the wedding day.
In case you're interested, Zahira also offers destination weddings outside of Puerto Rico ... but why would you want that?
06 of 06Wed Affair is officially endorsed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company. You can choose from the following levels of service:
- Includes wedding consultation, planning and coordination, beach or garden location, 1-tier wedding cake, bridal bouquet with matching boutonniere, 1 bottle of sparkling wine, minister, on-site wedding coordinator, and recorded music. From $1749.00
- Level 1 services with bridal bouquet upgraded to ivory roses, a keepsake certificate, and arch. From $2249.00
- Level 2 services with bridal bouquet upgraded to dendrobium orchids, commemorative gift, canopy, and decorated aisle. From $2549.00
- Just the Two of Us ceremony at El Morro or San Cristobal forts or the beach, with minister and on-site coordinator. From $799.