The City of Reno has four public swimming pools, two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Sparks Parks & Rec operates four public swimming pools, three two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months.
Public Swimming Pools in Reno
The City of Reno has four public swimming pools, two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Be sure to check Reno's Aquatics & Pools web page for current information about hours and days of operation and fees. For specific hours of operation, fees and available classes for the 2014 summer season, visit the 2014 schedule for all four Reno pools. For specific pools, use the links below.
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, 1301 Valley Road (indoor) - 2014 summer schedule
- Northwest Pool, 2925 Apollo Way (indoor) - 2014 summer schedule (closed for maintenance from June 16 to September 30, 2014)
- Idlewild Pool, 1805 Idlewild Drive (outdoor, seasonal) - 2014 summer schedule
- Traner Pool, 1600 Carville Drive (outdoor, seasonal) - 2014 summer schedule
Other Services at Reno Public Swimming Pools
In addition to public swimming and water play, Reno Parks, Recreation & Community Services offers swimming lessons, water fitness classes, kayak roll sessions, and American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Water Safety Instructor courses. For information on all of these services, visit the Reno Aquatics and Pools web page or call (775) 334-2262.
Public Swimming Pools in Sparks
Sparks Parks and Recreation operates three public swimming pools. Outdoor pools operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Be sure to check the online schedules (links below) for days of operation and fees (if any) at each swimming pool. (Note that the Oppio Park Pool is permanently closed.)
- Sparks Marina Park, 300 Howard Drive (outdoor, seasonal, free)
- Deer Park Pool, 1700 Prater Way, opens Saturday (outdoor, seasonal)
- Alf Sorenson Community Center, 1400 Baring Boulevard. (indoor, year round). The Alf Sorenson Community Center pool will be closed for repairs and renovation from May 30 to September 30, 2014.
Swimming Hours and Dates at Sparks Marina Park
Recreational swimming at Sparks Marina is only permitted at the designated north beach swim area. Lifeguards will be on duty during these 2014 designated swim dates and hours at Sparks Marina...
- May 24 to 26 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- May 31 to June 1 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 7 to 8 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 14 to August 10 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 4 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- August 16 to 17 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 23 to 24 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 30 to September 1 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sparks Marina Swimming Rules
Direct questions and comments to the Alf Sorensen Community Center by calling (775) 353-2385. If there is an emergency, call 911.
- Do not distract the lifeguards while they are working.
- Children under eight years of age must have an adult with them at all times.
- A good safety precaution is to keep children within arm's reach when in or near the water.
- Floating toys, rafts, noodles, etc. cannot be used in place of swimming ability or for water safety purposes.
- Groups of 25 or more must make a reservation.
- If not rented, shade areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Swimming Hours and Dates at Deer Park Pool in Sparks
Swimming hours during 2014 at Deer Park Pool are from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Entry is $3.50 for kids under 18, $6 for adults 18 to 54, $4 for seniors 55 and older, and $15 for families of up to six members. On "Almost Free Friday" through the summer, it's only $1 per person for everyone. The open dates are...
- May 24 to 26
- June 16 to August 10
- August 16 and 17
- August 23 and 24
- August 30 to September 1
Swimming Lessons in Sparks
Sparks Parks and Recreation offers a variety of swimming lessons, from the basics of learning to swim to American Red Cross lifeguard training. Get the details and learn how to sign up for swim lessons and other programs from City of Sparks Aquatics / Swimming, or call (775) 353-2385. There are also other programs, such as parent/child with autism swim lessons, adapted aquatics, adult and senior aquacise, senior water fitness, and lap swim.
Bowers Mansion Pool in Washoe Valley
The swimming pool at Bowers Mansion Regional Park in Washoe Valley will be open during the summer of 2014. Open dates will be June 7 through August 10. The pool is heated by a natural hot spring and will be open from 12 noon to 5 p.m., every day of the week. Daily admission fees are $4 for children ages 3 to 17 (10 Punch Pass for $30), $5 for adults 18 and over (10 Punch pass is $40), and $4 for seniors 62 and older (10 Punch Pass for $30). Kids 2 and under are free. The pool can be reserved in the evening.
For more information, call the swimming pool during open hours at (775) 849-0644. Swimming lessons are also available. Visit the Bowers Mansion pool web page for details.
Swimming Pool in Sun Valley
The Sun Valley General Improvement Districts operates the Robert and Norma Fink Pool Complex at 115 W. 6th Avenue, Sun Valley (out Clear Acre Lane just north of downtown Reno). The complex includes water slides and a toddler pool. During 2014, the swimming pool is open June 13 to August 10. Hours are Wednesday through Sunday, from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Admission is $4.50 for adults, $3.50 for youth and seniors. Kids 2 and under are free. Swim lessions are available and areas can be reserved for parties and picnics.
For more information and to make reservations, call (775) 673-2220.
Sources: Cities of Reno and Sparks, Nevada, Sun Valley General Improvement District, Washoe County Parks.