Head to Brooklyn's Prospect Park for a family-oriented Halloween afternoon the Saturday before Halloween evening. You have a few choices: you can join hundreds of other kids for a spooky, fun "haunted walk," enjoy a a little Halloween carnival, or just get in on the fun by noshing at food trucks where everyone else is in costume, too.
- HALLOWEEN HAUNTED WALK & CARNIVAL Prospect Park's heart is transformed into a "haunted walk. Rain or shine.
- HAUNTED CAROUSEL at The Children’s Corner. Saturday + Sunday, October 25 + 26, 12–5 pm. Take a spin on the Haunted Carousel. Who knows what little creatures may accompany you on your ride! $2 per ride.
- CREEPY CRAWLY HALLOWEEN at the Audubon Center. Saturday + Sunday, October 25 + 26, 1–4 pm. Free.
- SKELETON CUT-OUTS at Lefferts Historic House. Saturday + Sunday, October 25 + 26, 1–4 pm. Free craft time for children.
- SCARY STORIES FROM THE PAST at Lefferts Historic House. Free for children.
- HALLOWEEN FOOD TRUCK RALLY, Saturday, October 25, 11:30 am–4:30pm
You won't starve on Halloween. Buy sweet and savory goodies from a dozen or so Brooklyn fHalloween Haunted Walk and Carnival.
Official website: http://www.prospectpark.org.