Campbell Apartment is a beautiful bar in Grand Central that was formerly the private apartment of John W. Campbell. Beautifully restored, Campbell Apartment has an authentic feeling of "Old New York" and is a great place to have a cocktail and take in the ambiance.
Prohibition Punch is Campbell Apartment's most popular cocktail, and it hearkens back to the style of drinks served during Prohibition to mask the taste of alcohol for an audience used to drinking wine and beer.
It's not overly sweet, but it definitely has a bit of sweetness from the various fruit juices used to make it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ounce Appelton Estate Rum V/X
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces passion fruit juice
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Moet et Chandon Champagne
- Combine the rum, Grand Marnier, and fruit juices with ice in a brandy snifter, and stir gently.
- Top with Champagne.
Reprinted with permission from Cocktails in New York by Anthony Giglio.