If you're heading to Prague in June prepare for pleasant weather and sunny days. It's one of the busiest months for tourists which can mean the city will be crowded but with proper planning, you can still have an amazing trip. Learn what to expect for the weather in June and what events are being held in the city with this guide.
June Weather in Prague
- Average June temperature: 64 F / 18 C
- June average high: 71 F / 22 C
- June average low: 51 F / 11 C
Though rain is common, June is also one of the sunniest months of the year in Prague.
What to Pack for Prague in June
Lightweight, long-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts will be your most versatile pieces of clothing when you travel to Prague in summer. Take a sweater or jacket with you for when the sun goes down or hides behind clouds. Don't forget your umbrella and all-weather shoes.
June Holidays and Events in Prague
Prague Museum Night is a free event which occurs in the middle of June. Beginning around 7pm, participating Prague museums open their doors to the public. Concerts, tours, lectures, and performances are organizing and free transportation is available.
The International Festival of Contemporary Dance and Movement takes place during the month of June. Dance companies from all over Europe perform in theaters throughout Prague during the festival.
Tips for Travel to Prague in June
- June is one of the most popular months for visiting Prague, so book your hotel and flights well in advance and prepare for long lines at major Prague sights.
- During popular travel months, like June, crowds can be thick - this means that Prague pickpockets have more opportunity to operate. Be aware of your belongings and your surroundings.