The Popejoy Presents season at Popejoy Hall provides Albuquerque with world class entertainment in the way of musicals, shows, concerts, and special guests. The Popejoy season for 2015 - 2016 includes classics such as "The Lion King" "Newsies," and the musical "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat." Other shows include entertainment such as Ten Tenors Home for the Holidays and Peking Acrobats.
Popejoy Hall is located at the University of New Mexico campus, and its location in the university neighborhood makes it ideal for an evening out at a nearby restaurant before the show. Popejoy is just west of Nob Hill, where shops, food and drink abound.
Parking is available at the nearby parking garage (paid parking), on nearby streets or at UNM lots which are within walking distance to Popejoy. There are also shuttle buses from designated lots that arrive directly at Popejoy.
Tickets can be purchased individually or by subscription. Season tickets have the advantage of being less expensive per ticket, and seats become available before they go on sale to the general public. Subscription prices vary depending on days and shows. Individual tickets can be purchased online or at the UNM Box Office after October 15.
All performances take place in Popejoy Hall on UNM campus.
Ovation Series Shows
- Sherlock Holmes, November 1 at 3 p.m.
- Beach Boys, November 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Benise: Strings of Passion, November 8, 3 p.m.
- National Dance Company of Siberia, November 13, 8 p.m.
- Ten Tenors Home for the Holidays, December 12, 8 p.m.
- Mariachi Christmas, December 13, 3 p.m.
- Mannheim Steamroller, December 18 at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Peking Acrobats, January 15 at 8 p.m.
- Driving Miss Daisy, January 17 at 3 p.m.
- Riverdance, 5 - 7; Feb. 5 at 8 p.m.; Feb. 6 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Feb. 7 at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Tap Factory, February 14 at 3 p.m.
- In the Mood, February 19 at 8 p.m.
- Ailey II, February 20 at 8 p.m.
- Raisin Cane, February 26 at 8 p.m.
- Tao: Seventeen Samurai, March 4 at 8 p.m.
- One Night of Queen, March 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Caladgh Nua, March 20 at 3 p.m.
- Recycled Percussion, April 2 at 8 p.m.
- Pirates of Penzance, April 3 at 6:30 p.m.
- Rain, April 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Jim Belushi and the Board of Comedy, May 1 at 3 p.m.
- Hotel California, May 7 at 8 p.m.
Broadway in New Mexico Series
- A Christmas Story, November 19 - 22
- The Producers, January 28 - 31
- Once, February 10 - 13
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, April 21 - 24
- Newsies, June 23 - 26
- The Lion King, October 6 - 9
Tickets can be purchased individually later in the season. Season tickets are available.
Purchase tickets at:
- By phone at (505) 925-5858 or (877) 664-8661 (individual tickets only), 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday
- In person:
- UNM Bookstore ticket office, Central and Cornell, 30 minute validated parking with purchase, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tuesday - Friday; individual tickets and subscriptions.
- Lobo ticket office at the Pit, University and Cesar Chavez SE, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, individual tickets and subscriptions
- Albertson's locations in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Rio Rancho.Visit the Popejoy Presents website.