Is It Always Pool Season In Las Vegas?
Is there a right time to go to Las Vegas when the weather is perfect? Is it too hot? Is it too cold? I'll tell you that there is no wrong time to go to Las Vegas, but if you are planning on sitting by the pool and you want at least average temperatures in the 70's your best months for good weather in Las Vegas are between April and October. Of course, the exceptions to that are if you are leaving the Great White North and minus 7 temperatures.
You might find yourself in Las Vegas on a day in February when it's 64 degrees and it feels like summer to you.
The Wrong Time for Pools in Las Vegas
No matter what you do or where you come from you can almost guarantee that November, December, January and February are not good pool months in Las Vegas. Don't be shocked, but Las Vegas does have its own version of winter and even if you cannot believe that people get cold when it is 63 degrees outside. There are some outdoor, heated pools open but they tend to vary with the season so it is best to call the specific resort you are staying at for that information.
Summer Pool Season in Las Vegas
As summer approaches you should know what pool season in Las Vegas is like before you plan your trip. Don't be alarmed by the warm temperature in July, the drinks are cool and the water is refreshing in the shallow end of the pool. Also, everywhere you go the climate controlled air will keep your body temperature right at that point where you think you might need a sweater.
The casino will feel comfortable and if you do not want to be super hot you can find plenty to do inside the resorts.
I have a long list of my favorite swimming pools in Las Vegas but after you take a look at a few pictures you'll come up with your personal favorites.
LAS VEGAS TIP: Realize that no matter what time of the year you visit Las Vegas that there is always plenty to do so factor in the idea that even in the warmest of months you really will want to spend less time in the sun and more time taking in the sights and sampling the restaurants and bars.
The weather in the warm months in Las Vegas
- May Weather in Las Vegas - Perfect golf weather with average highs in the 80's. The pools will start attracting more people but the crowds are still manageable. Midweek you can probably get a cabana without having to skip a mortgage payment but weekends will already be out of control. By Memorial Day weekend the Las Vegas pool party scene is in full swing so early in the month is much better.
- June Weather in Las Vegas - Pool weather with averages in the low 100's, evenings are perfect for walking along the Las Vegas strip. If you decide that a quick getaway to Las Vegas is in your budget this is the time when kids start showing up at pools. It is summer vacation so get in a cheap holiday in Las Vegas.
- July Weather in Las Vegas - I won't lie, it's hot, but it's a dry heat. Personally, this is my favorite time of the year, prices are lower, the pools have plenty of action and naps in the middle of the day make sense. Go easy on the cocktails by the pool because too much alcohol in the sun makes for a wicked headache later in the day.
- August Weather in Las Vegas - Highs are still in the hundreds but by now the temperatures for you back home are bad so at least you have a cool pool with shaded cabanas to hang out in. The days feel long and the crowds at the pool are at maximum capacity. Pick a pool based on your patience level. If you have kids, go with Monte Carlo or Flamingo, if you are looking for the party go with SLS or Cosmopolitan.
- September Weather in Las Vegas - If you don't have children this is the best time to visit Las Vegas. The kids are no longer at the pool but the mid 90's temperatures are perfect for longer days with a drink in your hand and your body in the water.