Before you visit Maui, it’s helpful to learn a bit about the island itself and the people who live there. You can then begin to research your trip and plan your time on Maui. On which part of the island should you stay? Finally what are the must see attractions and top activities that you won’t want to miss.
Get to Know the Island of Maui
Maui is the second largest and most populous of the Hawaiian Islands and the island consistently voted "Best Island in the World" in the Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards.
- Profile of Maui - Hawaii's Valley Isle
- Central Maui - A Bridge for Many Cultures
- Lahaina, Maui - Where History and Playfulness Meet
- Hana, Maui - Maui's Last Hawaiian Place
- Māʻalaea, Maui
- Makena - Maui Untamed and Wild
Get to Know the People and Language of Maui and Hawaii
It's also really useful to learn a bit about the people and culture of Hawaii. It's a lot different than you may be used to on the mainland.
- The People of Hawaii
- The Hawaiian Language
- How To Understand Some Basic Hawaiian
Planning Your Trip
While you're still at home, there's a lot you can do to help make your trip a success. Careful planning can both save you lots of money, but also aggravation once you reach Hawaii.
- Before You Take Your Hawaii Vacation - Money Saving Tips
- Top Ten Reasons to Visit Hawaii
- How to Spend Six Days on Maui
- Traveling with Children to Hawaii
Maui's World Class Resorts
Maui is known for having some of the top resort areas in the world.
The most popular include the Ka'anapali Beach Resort, the Kapalua Resort area and the Wailea Resort area. Most of the top resort hotels on Maui are found in these three resort areas.
- Ka'anapali Beach Resort - Where the World Comes to Play
- Kapalua Resort Area - Arms Embracing the Sea
- Wailea - A Sanctuary of Beauty on Maui's South Shore
Choosing Things to See and Do on Maui
Now that you've booked your airfare, selected your hotel or resort and arranged for your rental car, it's time to plan some things to do and see.
- Top Things to Do on Maui
- Check Out all the Fun Things You Can Do for Free on Maui
- Maui Attractions
- Clickable Map of Maui
My Favorite Maui Paid Activities
Now that you have a general idea of what type of things there are to see and do, here are a few of my favorite paid activities on Maui.
Don't Miss These Attractions on Maui
There are several places on Maui that you definitely do not want to miss. If you only have time to do a few things, make sure that you visit these places.
- Haleakala National Park Summit Area
- The Road to Hana and Beyond
- Drive to Upcountry Maui
- West Maui’s Rugged North Shore
View Some Photos
I hope that I've been able to help you plan your visit to Maui. Before you go, take a few minutes to look at some of our many photos of the island of Maui, Hawaii's Valley Isle.