Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is located just a few minutes from Downtown Phoenix. The airport is so convenient, especially when compared to the airports of other major cities in the U.S. and how far some of them are from the metro areas they serve. If you were ever curious about why we don't have taller skyscrapers in Downtown Phoenix, that's one good reason!
For the purposes of the map, we have used the address of the Executive Offices. The airport actually spans an area from about 24th Street to 44th Street, and from Buckeye Rd to Airlane, south of Washington Street.
- Address: 3400 E. Sky Harbor Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Phone: 602-273-3300
- GPS: 33.436902,-112.006602
- From the north: Take I-17 south or Loop 101 south to I-10, I-10 east (toward Tucson) to the Sky Harbor International Airport exit.
- From Scottsdale, north Tempe, north Mesa: Take the Loop 101 south (Pima Freeway or Price Freeway) to Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway), and then the 202 west to Sky Harbor International Airport exit.
- From the South: Take US 60 (Superstition Freeway) west to the Loop 101 (Price Freeway), then Loop 101 north to Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway), Loop 202 west to Sky Harbor International Airport exit; or Take US 60 west to I-10, I-10 west (toward Phoenix) to SR143, SR143 north to Sky Harbor International Airport exit.
Tip #1: In the Phoenix area, I-10 actually is a north/south highway between Phoenix and Tucson, so although you know that Tucson is south of Phoenix, the signs will indicate Tucson East.
Tip #2: Be aware that there are two places off I-10 and the Loop 101 where you will see signs to exit for the Loop 202. One is the Red Mountain Freeway, in Phoenix. The other is the SanTan Freeway, that accesses the East Valley. You want the Red Mountain Freeway in Phoenix.
If you see a car rental company referenced as being right at the airport location on an online mapping service, it is out of date because that's not true. There are no car rental areas at the airport itself. They have all been moved offsite to the Car Rental Center.
To see the image of the map above larger, simply temporarily increase the font size on your screen. If you are using a PC, the keystroke to us is the Ctrl + (the Ctrl key and the plus sign). On a MAC, it's Command+.
You can also see the location marked on a Google map. From there you can zoom in and out, get driving directions if you need more specifics than mentioned above, and see what else is nearby.