In 2014 the United Soccer League (USL) announced that Phoenix would be awarded a franchise for professional men's soccer. The USL is a Division III league under Major League Soccer. For baseball fans, that's like AA baseball under MLB, although USL is not considered a farm team in the manner that baseball uses its minor leagues.
Arizona United Soccer Club was born, replacing the Phoenix FC Wolves. The first season was played in Peoria; it moved the games to Scottsdale for the 2015 season and then back to Peoria in 2016.
It is one of 29 teams in the league.
After the 2016 season, an ownership change prompted another name change to Phoenix Rising Football Club, or Phoenix Rising FC. A 15.8-acre soccer-specific training and stadium facility at McClintock and the 202 Freeway bordering the cities of Tempe and Scottsdale will be their permanent home beginning with the 2017 season.
Phoenix Rising FC 2017 Preseason Home Schedule
Preseason home games are free to attend.
Saturday, March 4 vs. GCU Soccer at GCU Soccer Stadium in Phoenix at 8 p.m.
Friday, March 17 vs. GCU Soccer at GCU Soccer Stadium in Phoenix at 7 p.m.
Phoenix Rising FC 2017 Regular Season Home Game Schedule
All home games are at 7:30 p.m. local Arizona time, unless otherwise stated. Home games are played at the stadium in South Scottsdale.
Saturday, March 25 vs. Toronto FC II
Saturday, April 8 vs. LA Galaxy II
Sunday, April 23 vs. Swope Park Rangers at 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 6 vs. Reno 1868 FC
Saturday, May 13 vs. OKC Energy FC
Saturday, June 10 vs. Whitecaps FC 2
Saturday, June 24 vs. Real Monarchs SLC
Saturday, July 15 vs. CO. Springs Switchbacks FC
Saturday, July 29 vs. San Antonio FC
Saturday, August 26 vs. Sacramento Republic FC
Saturday, September 2 vs. Seattle Sounders FC 2
Wednesday, September 6 vs. Orange County SC
Saturday, September 16 vs. Real Monarchs SLC
Wednesday, October 4 vs. Tulsa Roughnecks FC
Saturday, October 7 vs. Rio Grande Valley FC
Saturday, October 14 vs. Portland Timbers 2
The Stadium - Phoenix Rising FC Home Games
The Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex is located northwest of the intersection of the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway and the Loop 101 Price Freeway. Tempe Marketplace is to the south.
Tickets to Arizona Phoenix Rising FC Home Games
Single game tickets start at $10 (plus service charges).
You may purchase tickets:
- Call 623-594-9606
- At the soccer complex Box Office. It opens about 1-1/2 hour before game time.
See the seating map for The Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex. All sections have seat-backed seats except the supporters section, which has bleachers and are general admission.
Tips about Phoenix Rising FC Games
- Gates open one hour before game time.
- Games are rain or shine. The referee has the discretion to cancel any game if weather conditions are extreme or dangerous. Does that ever happen here? Yes, there are occasional summer monsoon storms.
- Food and beverage concessions are available at the game. There are food trucks. You may not bring in your own food.
- The most vocal fans will be in the supporters section, at the south end. If you want to stand, shout, sing and wave flags for the duration of the game, that's the section for you. If not, or if you have kids that don't want to hear bad language, I recommend you sit elsewhere.
- For the best view of the field, I actually prefer seats that are not quite as close so that I am not at field level.
- Players will sign autographs after every match. No player is guaranteed to sign autographs, and the players usually walk to the fans to sign autographs.
- There is no mascot...yet.