01 of 03
Peter Pan's Flight Ride at Disneyland California
The ride vehicles in Peter Pan's Flight are suspended from above, giving a feeling of flying. The ride vehicles take you into Wendy’s bedroom. Peter Pan says: "Come on, everybody! Here we go!" and the ship flies out the nursery window and over moonlit London and to Never Land, where of course you will encounter Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, and that annoying crocodile.
This older style ride holds up well against more modern ones, and it remains very popular.
What You Need to Know About Peter Pan
- Location: Peter Pan is in Fantasyland.
- Rating: ★★★★★
- Restrictions: No height restrictions. Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
- Ride Time: 2 minutes
- Recommended for: It seems like it's a ride for small children, but just about everyone loves it
- Fun Factor: Medium. Peter Pan is one of the best rides at Disneyland.
- Wait Factor: High. See notes and strategies below.
- Fear Factor: Low
- Herky-Jerky Factor: Low
- Nausea Factor: Low
- Seating: Ride vehicles look like sailing ships. Each one has a single row with a bench seat that can hold a family of four, but it will be tight if you try to put three adults and a child in that same space. You step straight in.
- Accessibility: You have to transfer into the ride vehicle, either by yourself or with help from your companions. Wheelchairs enter through the exit. You may have to park your ECV outside if it can't negotiate the narrow aisle.
Wait Times at About Peter Pan
Peter Pan is one of the most popular rides in Fantasyland with long lines most of the time, and it does not have a FASTPASS option. To make matters worse, rides in Fantasyland close early when there is a fireworks display.
These are a few ways to cut your time in line:
Go to Disneyland on a day when early entry is not offered. You can find those days on their calendar about a month out. Arrive at the gate 30 to 45 minutes before opening time and hope that it's a day when they let guests into Main Street before the official opening time. Once inside the park, go to the hub near the Walt and Mickey friends statue and wait for official opening time. As soon as you can get in, go straight through the castle and get in line.
If you have a ticket for early entry, the best way to use it is head to Peter Pan first before the lines build up.
I like Ridemax for minimizing wait times on busy days. Their customized itinerary will take you to Peter Pan when the lines are shortest. You can also use the free Mouse Wait app and keep checking to see when lines are somewhat shorter.
Other strategies include getting in line during a parade or a performance of Fantasmic! You can also try getting in line just minutes before the park closes. Even though the wait might still be long, they will let you stay until you ride and the waiting won't take away from other things to do.Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
How to Have More Fun on Peter Pan's Flight
Continue to 3 of 3 below.
- The ride vehicles hold only two people (three if the third is a very small child) - use your time in line to figure out who's sitting together.
- When you get on, put the kids in first and the adult on the outside. It's a little safer that way.
- On days when the fireworks show is running, this ride closes early.
03 of 03
Fun Facts About Peter Pan's Flight
Peter Pan's Flight is one of the original Disneyland attractions that were in the park on opening day in 1955.
This ride uses almost 200 miles of fiber optics.
It's similar to the Peter Pan ride in Florida, but with a few differences.