01 of 03
Peter Pan's Flight Ride at Disneyland California
The ride vehicles in Peter Pan's Flight are suspended from above, giving a feeling of flying - and I especially like the London segment, traveling through the stars. The ride vehicles take you into Wendy’s bedroom. Peter Pan says: "Come on, everybody! Here we go!" and the ship flies out the nursery window and over moonlit London and to Never Land, where of course you will encounter Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, and that annoying crocodile.
This older style ride holds up well against more modern ones, and I love the feeling of floating over the city. A lot of other people must like it, too, judging from the perpetually long lines.
What You Need to Know About Peter Pan
We polled 368 of our readers to find out what they think about Peter Pan. 89% of them said It's a must-do or ride it if you have time.
- Location: Peter Pan is in Fantasyland.
- Rating: ★★★★★
- Restrictions: No height restrictions. Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
- Ride... Time: 2 minutes
- Recommended for: It seems like it's a ride for small children, but just about everyone loves it
- Fun Factor: Medium. Peter Pan is one of the best rides at Disneyland. Here's the rest of the list.
- Wait Factor: High. See notes and strategies below.
- Fear Factor: Low
- Herky-Jerky Factor: Low
- Nausea Factor: Low
- Seating: Ride vehicles look like sailing ships. Each one has a single row with a bench seat that can hold a family of four, but it will be tight if you try to put three adults and a child in that same space. You step straight in.
- Accessibility: You have to transfer into the ride vehicle, either by yourself or with help from your companions. Wheelchairs enter through the exit. You may have to park your ECV outside if it can't negotiate the narrow aisle. More about visiting Disneyland in a wheelchair or ECV
Wait Times at About Peter Pan
Peter Pan is one of the most popular rides in Fantasyland with long lines most of the time, and it does not have a FASTPASS option. To make matters worse, rides in Fantasyland close early when there is a fireworks display.
These are a few ways to cut your time in line:
Go to Disneyland on a day when early entry is not offered. You can find those days on their calendar about a month out. Arrive at the gate 30 to 45 minutes before opening time and hope that it's a day when they let guests into Main Street before the official opening time. Once inside the park, go to the hub near the Walt and Mickey friends statue and wait for official opening time. As soon as you can get in, go straight through the castle and get in line.
If you have a ticket for early entry, the best way to use it is head to Peter Pan first before the lines build up.
I like Ridemax for minimizing wait times on busy days. Their customized itinerary will take you to Peter Pan when the lines are shortest. You can also use the free Mouse Wait app and keep checking to see when lines are somewhat shorter.
Other strategies include getting in line during a parade or a performance of Fantasmic! You can also try getting in line just minutes before the park closes. Even though the wait might still be long, they will let you stay until you ride and the waiting won't take away from other things to do.Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
How to Have More Fun on Peter Pan's Flight
- The ride vehicles hold only two people (three if the third is a very small child) - use your time in line to figure out who's sitting together.
- When you get on, put the kids in first and the adult on the outside. It's a little safer that way
- On days when the fireworks show is running, this ride closes early
Next Disneyland Ride: Splash Mountain
More About Disneyland Rides
You can see all the Disneyland rides at a glance on the Disneyland Ride Sheet. If you want to browse through them starting with the best-rated, start with the Haunted Mansion and follow the navigation.
While you're thinking about rides, you should also download Our Recommended Disneyland Apps (they're all free!) and Get Some Proven Tips to Minimize Your Disneyland Wait Time.Continue to 3 of 3 below.
03 of 03
Fun Facts About Peter Pan's Flight
Peter Pan's Flight is one of the original Disneyland attractions that were in the park on opening day in 1955.
This ride uses almost 200 miles of fiber optics.
Is It Different than Peter Pan in Florida?
They're similar, but with a few differences.
Next Disneyland Ride: Splash Mountain