Finding your way around downtown Santa Rosa is as easy as, well, 1-2-3. Note the following:
- This is the middle section of the downtown area.
- It's located where Highway 101 and Highway 12 meet.
- It's usually referred to as the "Downtown Mall.”
- The mall itself features more than 120 specialty stores, including Abercrombie & Fitch, Aldo Shoes, Bath & Body Works, Eddie Bauer, Foot Locker, Mrs. Fields, Payless, Sephora, Starbucks and many more.
- The mall is anchored by Macy's, Sears and Forever 21.
- This is the eastern section of the downtown area.
- When people say “downtown,” they are usually referring to this area.
- Courthouse Square is the city center. It is located on either side of Mendocino Avenue at 3rd and 4th streets.
- Fourth Street is the main street downtown and is lined with many locally owned stores, restaurants, beer pubs, bookstores and coffee shops. Several bars and nightclubs are also in the immediate area.
- Many of the city administration buildings are located toward the southwest corner of downtown, in the area around 1st Street and D Street.
- Points of interest include the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens.
- This is the western side of the downtown area.
- Considered the historic section of downtown, this is where many of the shops are housed in turn-of-the-century stone buildings.
- Some of the city’s best restaurants, antiques stores and coffeehouses can be found in this lively sector.