Question: When and Where Can You Attend Outdoor Concerts in Brooklyn?
The sound of music, in the borough of Kings? Yup. Brooklyn may not have many hills, but the streets and parks of Brooklyn, not to mention Brooklyn's basements and lofts, bars and clubs, are alive with the sound of music, especially in the summer!
OUTDOOR SUMMER CONCERTS IN BROOKLYN
From May to September Brooklyn boasts a remarkable range of noteworthy concerts, musical events, improvisational music, and season-long series.
The music starts playing in June, and runs through July and August. Most concerts are free or almost free.
The biggest weekend and evening draws are Celebrate Brooklyn in Prospect Park, and concerts in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Each series has a range of performances. Some feature oldies but goodies; others are more eclectic.
- NY Makes Music on June 21 (part of June global festival)
- Summerstage Concertsin Red Hook, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Herbert Von King Park (June festival)
- June Red Hook Jazz Festival
- Celebrate Brooklyn in Prospect Park
- Martin Luther King Concert series at Wingate Field (FREE)
- Rhythm and Blues Series at Metrotech Downtown produced by BAM (FREE)
- Williamsburg Park
- Seaside Summer Concerts in Coney Island WILL NOT BE HELD IN 2014.
Also, check BAM's free noontime jazz concerts at Metrotech in Downtown Brooklyn.