The City of Gaithersburg, in Montgomery County, Maryland comes alive each fall with its annual Celebrate Gaithersburg Street Festival, including live music, food, arts & crafts, amusements and more. Children will enjoy interactive theatre, games, demonstrations and amusements. This year’s festival will feature a Taste of Gaithersburg, a Steampunk art exhibit and shopping area, nature and gardening demonstrations, family amusements and activities, and much more.
Date and Time
June 12, 2016, Noon to 5 p.m.
Summit and Diamond Avenues.
A multi-block area around the intersection will be closed to traffic.
Free shuttle service is available to and from satellite parking at Lakeforest Shopping Center. A bike valet parking service will be available near City Hall off of South Summit Avenue. Limited free parking is also available at the public garage on the corner of South Summit and Olde Towne Avenues. Additional parking is available at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, less than a quarter mile from the festival area.
- Taste of Gaithersburg - Enjoy a diversity of local cuisine. Taste tickets ($1 each) will be sold onsite on the day of the event. Participating restaurants include Asia Nine, Boca Botana's, Bonefish Grill, Boulevard Tavern, Copper Canyon Grill, Diya Bistro, Dogfish Head, Joe’s Crab Shack, Mezeh Mediterranean Grill, Nalley Fresh, Not Your Average Joe's, Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar, and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
- Dogfish Head Craft Beer Garden - choice of brews, including 60 Minute IPA, Namaste, Firefly Ale, Festina Peche and more.
- Live Entertainment - On the City Hall Pavilion Stage from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Performers to be announced.
- Restored cars from 1975 and earlier will be on display. The vintage collection includes a 1965 Pontiac GTO, a 1970 Ford Mustang Greybird, a 1967 Chevy Nova, a 66 Ford Mustang GT, a 1949 Plymouth Deluxe, a 1967 Ford Galaxy 500 Convertible, a 1960 Plymouth Fury Convertible, a 1960 Pontiac Ventura, a 1967 Chevy Camaro, and a 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle.
- Loco-Motion: Engineering Steampunk Art features sculptures, chalk art, inventions, costumes, demonstrations, and unique items available for purchase. This creative genre of art, fashion, literature, and culture is inspired by the industrial era, Victorian fashion and science fiction, where modern technologies are re-imagined and realized. Exhibits include Steampunk-inspired guitars, unique inventions and robots filled with surprises, one-of-a-kind, collectable artifacts for sale including Gadgetometers, Monstro-meters and Steampunk hats and much more.
- Kid's Activities: Meet live animals face-to-face, take photos with the characters from Disney/Pixar’s newest movie, “Inside Out.”, bounce on a moon bounce, test your skills at the sports zone, slide down the giant Amazon Jungle Rainforest Slide, face painting, beach ball fun, hair feathers, sand art, plastercrafts, temporary tattoos, nature crafts, fun games, prizes, listen as a fairy tells magical, interactive stories, explore an insect house, and much more.
- The Shopping District is a great place to purchase unique items and find out what’s happening in the Gaithersburg community and beyond. Browse through tents full of gifts, clothing, jewelry, crafts, musical instruments, bonsai trees, wickless candles, cosmetics, antiques, novelties, and more. Visit the Grassroots Mobile Boutique to shop for hip and trendy goods, including hand-crafted soaps, clocks made of recycled materials, scarves, wallets, handbags, name sign paintings, jewelry, Maryland-themed art, Greek specialty foods, and more.
For more information, visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov or call (301) 258-6350.