For many years, Oklahoma was not one of the states to offer an annual sales tax holiday. But Governor Henry finished the approval process for such a weekend just in time for the 2007 back-to-school shopping season. During the sales tax holiday, Oklahoma shoppers will pay no sales tax on certain retail items.
Here are the details on the Oklahoma Sales Tax Holiday Weekend:
- 2017 holiday takes place Friday, August 4 (beginning at 12:01 a.m.) through Sunday, August 6 (ending at 12:00 a.m.)
- Is in effect throughout the state of Oklahoma
- Also lifts any county or city sales taxes (These are reimbursed to the localities by the state)
- Applies to all shoes and clothing under $100 per item
- Does not apply to "accessories, special clothing or footwear primarily designed for athletic activity or protective use that is not normally worn except when used for athletic activity or protective use, or to the rental of clothing or footwear."
Also, know information on start dates, school supply lists, the best places to buy supplies, uniform requirements, back to school shopping, school lunches and more. Be prepared with all your child needs for the first day of school.