Due to its large geographical size, Oklahoma City is a car-dependent community, but many also rely on a growing public transportation system. In addition, utilizing buses and other public transportation whenever possible in Oklahoma City is good for the environment and an excellent way to save money. Here is information on buses in Oklahoma City, including metro-area routes, fares, and how to purchase tickets and passes.
OKC Public Transportation
Oklahoma City's public transportation system is called EMBARK, formerly METRO Transit. Created in 1966 by the City of Oklahoma City and servicing an estimated 3 million riders annually, EMBARK is responsible for:
As of August 2018, a single-trip Oklahoma City bus fare is $1.75. An express single-trip bus fare is $3.00.
"Special Patron" fares are available for seniors (60+), persons with disabilities, Medicare cardholders, and kids ages 7-17. To qualify for a reduced disability fare, one must submit an application.
Children 6 and under ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
Unlimited ride passes are valid for 30 days, for 7 days, or for 1 day.
Buy Tickets or Passes
Riders can pay for Oklahoma City bus tickets, of course, on the bus itself through exact change. Also, bus tickets and passes can be purchased at the customer service window in the Downtown Transit Center (420 NW 5th St.).
Passes are available at "Neighborhood Pass Outlets":
- Buy For Less (2500 N Penn): Routes 7, 23
- Buy For Less (1104 SE 44th): Route 14
- Buy For Less (2121 W Hefner): Route 5
- Buy For Less (3501 NW Expressway): Route 8
- Buy For Less (415 SW 59th): Route 40
- Buy For Less (2701 SW 29th): Routes 11, 12
- Buy For Less (3713 S Western): Route 13
- Buy For Less (2001 NE 23rd): Routes 2, 22
*Note that service does not run on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Route 2: Coltrane
- Route 3: North Kelly
- Route 5: Memorial
- Route 7: North May
- Route 8: North Penn / NW 63rd
- Route 9: West Reno Crosstown
- Route 10: North Portland
- Route 11: 29th Street Crosstown
- Route 12: South May
- Route 13: South-Western / I-240 Crosstown
- Route 14: SE Bryant or Sunnylane
- Route 15: Midwest City
- Route 16: South Penn
- Route 18: Lincoln
- Route 19: Spencer
- Route 22: Martin Luther King
- Route 23: 23rd Street Crosstown
- Route 24: Norman
- Route 38: 10th Street Crosstown
- Route 40: South Walker
- Route 50: Downtown Discovery