A visit to the Ohio State Fair can quickly get expensive, but there are a few ways to save money and still have a great time. Buy fair tickets for $6 per ticket when you purchase them from Kroger, participating AAA locations with membership, and participating Ohio O'Reilly Auto Parts retail stores. Ride-all-day wristband vouchers to be redeemed at the fair are available for $20 at Kroger stores through July 25.
Special Admissions Days
Special days are a great way to save on fair admission prices. Mark your calendar for these special admission days:
- Wednesday, July 26: WSYX/WWTTE and Allegiant Opening Day. $3 admission until 3 p.m.
- Thursday, July 27: Kroger Feeds Ohio Day. Bring two canned food items per person to a booth outside the gates and receive a voucher good for $3 admission before 4 p.m. Donations go to Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- Friday, July 28: Meijer Day. Spend $100 on any one trip to Meijer between July 14 and July 28 and receive two free admission tickets. Show your receipt at a booth outside the entrance gates
- Sunday, July 30: Veterans and Military Day. Veterans and active military are given free admission with appropriate identification.
- Monday, July 31: NBC4 Family Value Day. Until 6 p.m., adults admitted for $8, and kids 12 and under are admitted free. With the purchase of one wristband, a second rider can ride free until 6 p.m. with a hand stamp. After 6 p.m., all riders need either a wristband or vouchers.
- Tuesday, August 1: National Church Residences' Senior Day. Seniors age 60 and up enjoy reduced admission of $4 at the gate all day.
- Wednesday, August 2: QFM 96 Fair Attitude Wednesday. Fairgoers enjoy $5 admission all day. Pick up a voucher at any participating Mattress Firm store in Ohio and receive one free admission with the purchase of one $5 admission.
- Thursday, August 3: AAA Member Day. AAA members who show current membership card at a booth outside the entrance gates receive $4 admission vouchers for each member in the party.
- Friday, August 4: Ohio Lottery Day. Patrons over age 18 who present non-winning Ohio lottery tickets at a booth outside the entrance gates receives one $4 admission voucher.
- Saturday, August 5: Ohio Soybean Day. One Ohio soybean farmer or Ohio Soybean Association member gets free admission, and each member of the party gets a $4 voucher from Ohio Soybean News magazine.
- Sunday, August 6: Pepsi Day. Bring an empty Pepsi product to a booth outside the entrance gates for a $3 admission voucher for every member of the party before 3 p.m.