The OdySea Mirror Maze is an attraction in Scottsdale where people of all ages can come to have fun going in and out of the mazes.
Not sure how to say it? The name is pronounced like the Greek word "odyssey." If that wasn't a big help, try this: ah-deh-see.
The mirror maze is the more traditional of the two types of mazes here, where participants enter a windowless area and try to maneuver through the mirrors to find the path to freedom. Look for the butterflies along the way! There are several different light modes used in the Mirror Maze.
Have you seen Mission Impossible or Ocean's Eleven? Then you'll remember that the main characters had to sneak through all kinds of laser beams pointed in different directions in order to reach their target. That's exactly what the Laser Maze is like at OdySea. There are different levels of expertise, and the goal is to get through, without touching the lasers, in the shortest amount of time. This maze is great for competitions between friends or siblings. Or spouses. Or co-workers.
When: every day of the year, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: 9500 E. Via de Ventura in Scottsdale. Here is a map with directions.
How much: For a flat fee you can get an all-day pass to the Mirror Maze. You can buy tickets for one or multiple walk-throughs of the laser maze. A combination ticket is also available. Parking is free.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Both mazes are indoors and climate controlled, so you can visit any time of the year.
- The mirror maze is not recommended for young children who might become frightened at the flashing lights and loud noises.
- You will be asked to wear latex gloves in the Mirror Maze so that when walking through with one hand outstretched you (a) won't bonk your head on a mirror and (b) won't get handprints on the mirrors.
- Tip: The more crowded it is, the easier it is to get through the maze, since people end up following each other and can see everyone in the mirrors.
- You don't really have a choice of which set of colors you'll see in the Mirror Maze, but you can make a request at the front desk if you have a preference.
- There are party rooms where birthday parties take place, and several different birthday party packages are available. Use one of their themes or create your own. Parties are for children ages five and up.
- OdySea Mirror Maze is in the same complex, Odysea in the Desert, as Butterfly Wonderland and OdySea Aquarium. The ticket booths are separate for each attraction, but you might find combo tickets for multiple attractions, including OdySea Mirror Maze.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.