Weather is an unpredictable beast. Check three different reports for tomorrow's temperatures and rainfall and you'll get three different prognoses. How can you possibly predict and prepare a month (or more) ahead of time? Most sites that try to predict weather at more than a week out will choose the average temperature and rainfall, to help decide if it will rain or shine. However, that method rarely tells the whole story.
For this page on weather in November in Madrid, we have also included recent years' conditions to give you a better idea of what to expect. All the weather averages are taken from the Weather Underground.
November Weather in Madrid
What's wrong with using averages to predict the weather? Simply, the weather is rarely "average". If it rained at all on a particular day, the average rainfall for that day will only be a few millimeters. Furthermore, average temperatures factor in the unusually warm or really cold days which can always occur.
Looking at the past few years' weather conditions, we can see that the month of November in Madrid tends to be cool but not cold in the daytime, with the temperature dropping to near zero at night.
Fairly Dry and Cool in Early November
Typically, Madrid has cooled off by November, with the weather hovering around 14°C in the past couple of years (with the exception of 2010 and 2013, when the Spanish capital experienced a little Indian summer).
Rain is possible but infrequent. At night it gets pretty cold, so definitely pack a jacket! Compare this to weather in Barcelona in November, where temperatures hardly drop after nightfall. You won't want to miss the Madrid Jazz Festival, which starts in early November.
- November 5 Averages, High: 12°C. Low: 3°C.
- November 5 Records, High: 23°C. Low: 1°C.
- November 5, 2016, High: 15°C. Low: 10°C. 12mm of rain.
- November 5, 2015, High: 18°C. Low: 11°C. No rain.
- November 5, 2014, High: 13°C. Low: 4°C. No rain.
- November 5, 2013, High: 23°C. Low: 14°C. No rain.
- November 5, 2012, High: 13°C. Low: 2°C. No rain.
- November 5, 2011, High: 11°C. Low: 8°C. 2mm of rain.
- November 5, 2010, High: 21°C. Low: 7°C. No rain.
More of the Same in Mid-November
The weather tends to stay fairly constant through into mid-November, with temperatures still in the mid- to low-teens. It is usually dry.
- November 15 Averages, High: 11°C. Low: 2°C.
- November 15 Records, High: 20°C. Low: -2°C.
- November 15, 2016, High: 16°C. Low: 1°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2015, High: 20°C. Low: 4°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2014, High: 12°C. Low: 7°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2013, High: 13°C. Low: 4°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2012, High: 17°C. Low: 8°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2011, High: 12°C. Low: 5°C. No rain.
- November 15, 2010, High: 12°C. Low: 3°C. No rain.
If you find yourself in Madrid and consider yourself a bit of a film buff, we recommend checking out the Semana de Cine Experimental de Madrid (Experimental Cinema Week).
Winter Is Coming in Late November
More of the same in late-November.
If you enjoy temperate weather, you'll be happy to see that the winter chill hasn't caught yet. There are a few nights where it can get pretty cold though, so again, think to bring warm clothes. This past year, Madrid experienced a veritable cold snap with a high of 6°C!
- November 25 Averages, High: 10°C. Low: 1°C.
- November 25 Records, High: 17°C. Low: -2°C.
- November 25, 2016, High: 6°C. Low: 2°C. 3mm of rain.
- November 25, 2015, High: 17°C. Low: 4°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2014, High: 17°C. Low: 7°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2013, High: 15°C. Low: -1°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2012, High: 15°C. Low: 8°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2011, High: 17°C* Low: 2°C. No rain.
- November 25, 2010, High: 11°C. Low: -1°C. No rain.