When November begins at Disneyland, Halloween time is over. The pumpkin-themed decorations go down, but Christmas-themed things come in as fast.
Fans of Haunted Mansion Holiday will be happy to know that it keeps its Tim Burton inspired "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme through the end of the year.
Crowds-wise, the month starts off slow, but it gets super-crowded during Thanksgiving week.
For most of November, Disneyland will be open 10 to 11 hours per day Monday through Friday and 14 to 16 hours per day from Friday through Sunday. On Thanksgiving weekend (fourth Thursday through Saturday), they will have weekend hours all four days.
California Adventure hours may be shorter. Check November hours for both parks up to 6 weeks in advance.
Disneyland Weather in November
These averages can help you get a rough idea of what the weather will be like and are helpful for planning months ahead of time.
In November, the weather starts to cool off, and on average, there's more chance of rain, but you can still expect mostly sunny days and cool evenings.
- Average High Temperature: 70 degrees F
- Average Low Temperature: 53 degrees F
- Rainfall: 2 inches
At the extremes, Anaheim's record low temperature was 30 degrees F, and its record high was 108 degrees F.
What to Pack
November starts the California rainy season. Take a poncho or hooded rain jacket if it's forecasted. They're much more practical than umbrellas which make it hard to move around and are a nuisance to stow every time you want to go on a ride.
Otherwise, dress sensibly in shoes that won't make blisters on your feet. Leave the dangling things home so they don't get caught where they shouldn't or fall off on a ride. If you're staying all day, you'll need some layers as the day cools off. You could also conveniently forget to pack that and have an excuse to pick up a cute new hoodie or sweatshirt.
November Events in Disneyland
- Disneyland Christmas holiday celebrations begin early in the month. Events vary by year, and you can find a list of this year's events at the Disneyland website.
- Early in the month is the unofficial Dapper Day evening event, when visitors dress up in their cutest clothing. They sometimes offer discounted tickets for afternoon entry on their website.
- All runDisney race weekends at the Disneyland Resort are on hiatus because of construction of the new Star Wars Land. Look for the Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend to return (probably in November) after that's done. You can find current information on the runDisney website.
November Travel Tips
- If you want to have Thanksgiving dinner at any restaurant in the Disneyland Resort, don't procrastinate. Mark your calendar and set an alarm to remind yourself to make reservations exactly 60 days ahead of time. Reserve online or call (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily (Pacific Time).
- During the first half of November, Disneyland is busy on weekends, but uncrowded during the week. Many visitors like to go during that time of the month to see the holiday decorations and enjoy the nice weather. Check the pros and cons of visiting Disneyland in the fall.
- During Thanksgiving week, the parks will be swamped. You'll need some strategies to keep you out of lines and having fun. Use this guide to our seven favorite ways to stay out of line.
- Use this crowd forecast calendar to get a day-by-day prediction of the crowds.
- Hotel costs will go up after the first week of the month and will be highest (and availability lowest) during Thanksgiving week. To get some ideas that may help with the cost, use the guide to the best hotel rates at Disneyland.
- One advantage of the busier times at Disneyland is that all the rides will be running, except for extensive renovations that take many months and brief closures for routine maintenance. For a list of which rides are expected to be closed for refurbishment check here.