As soon as November begins at Disneyland, the pumpkin-themed decorations go down, but Christmas at Disneyland starts in early November. Halloween decorations turn into Christmas faster than Cinderella's fairy godmother changed her dress into a ball gown.
Haunted Mansion Holiday keeps its Tim Burton inspired "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme through the end of the year. Over at it's a small world, the holiday decorations go up and a holiday soundtrack replaces that annoying tune that gets stuck in many people's heads. And don't miss Cars Land in California Adventure, where you'll find the cutest, most imaginative decorations ever.
Disneyland Crowds in November
Crowd-wise, it gets super-busy during Thanksgiving week. Weekends are packed all month. For the best crowd-free experience, go on weekdays (Tuesday through Thursday), except Thanksgiving week.
To get a day-by-day prediction of crowd levels, you can use the crowd forecast calendar at isitpacked.com.
Disneyland Weather in November
In November, the weather starts to cool off, and on average, there's more chance of rain, but you can still expect mostly sunny days and cool evenings.
- Average High Temperature: 70 F (21 C)
- Average Low Temperature: 74 F (24 C)
- Rain: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Rainfall: 4 days
- Daylight: 10 hours
- Sunshine: 7 hours
- Humidity: 50 %
- UV Index: 4
At the extremes, Anaheim's record low temperature was 30-degrees, and its record high was 108-degrees.
These average can give you an idea of the weather for your trip, but California weather varies from year to year. Check the current Disneyland weather forecast a few days ahead for the best information.
If you want to compare October weather to the rest of the year, use the Disneyland weather and climate guide.
November Closures at Disneyland
One advantage of the busier times like November at Disneyland is that most of the rides will be running. A few may close for extensive renovations that take many months, and there might be brief closures for routine maintenance.
Some attractions close in early November for holiday overlay installation. They include Jungle Cruise and it's a small world (which closes in late October and re-opens in early November).
Space Mountain also closes in November to take down the Halloween overlay.
Undercover Tourist maintains a list of the exact dates when rides will be closed for refurbishment.
Disneyland's November Hours
For most of November, Disneyland will be open 10 to 11 hours per day Monday through Friday and 14 to 16 hours per day from Friday through Sunday. On Thanksgiving weekend (fourth Thursday through Saturday), they will have weekend hours all four days. California Adventure hours may be shorter.
Some attractions may have shorter hours, and special events can also affect the schedule. Check the Disneyland calendar before going.
What to Pack
November starts the California rainy season. Take a poncho or hooded rain jacket if it's forecasted. They're much more practical than umbrellas which make it hard to move around and are a nuisance to stow every time you want to go on a ride.
Otherwise, dress sensibly in shoes that won't make blisters on your feet. Leave the dangling things home so they don't get caught where they shouldn't or fall off on a ride. If you're staying all day, you'll need some layers as the day cools off. You could also conveniently forget to pack that and have an excuse to pick up a cute new hoodie or sweatshirt.
November Events At Disneyland
- Disneyland Christmas holiday celebrations begin early in the month.
- Early in the month is the unofficial Dapper Day evening event, when visitors dress up in their cutest clothing. They sometimes offer discounted tickets for afternoon entry on their website.
November Travel Tips
- If you want to have Thanksgiving dinner at any restaurant in the Disneyland Resort, don't procrastinate. Mark your calendar and set an alarm to remind yourself to make reservations exactly 60 days ahead of time. Reserve online or call (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily (Pacific Time).
- During the first half of November, Disneyland is busy on weekends, but uncrowded during the week. Many visitors like to go during that time of the month to see the holiday decorations and enjoy the nice weather.
- During Thanksgiving week, the parks will be swamped. You'll need some strategies to keep you out of lines and having fun.
- October through December is the busiest time for flying to Orange County. If you can go in September instead, airfares are the cheapest month of the entire year.
- Hotel costs will go up after the first week of the month and will be the highest (and availability lowest) during Thanksgiving week. But don't give up on getting the lowest price you can. Instead, use the tips to find the best Disneyland hotel deals.