Fans of Haunted Mansion Holiday will be happy to know that it keeps its Tim Burton inspired "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme through the end of the year.
Crowds-wise, the month starts off slow, but it gets super-crowded during Thanksgiving week.
For most of November, Disneyland will be open 10 to 11 hours per day Monday through Friday and 14 to 16 hours per day from Friday through Sunday. On Thanksgiving weekend (fourth Thursday through Saturday), they will have weekend hours all four days.
California Adventure hours may be shorter.
These averages can help you get a rough idea of what the weather will be like and are helpful for planning months ahead of time.
In November, the weather starts to cool off, and on average, there's more chance of rain, but you can still expect mostly sunny days and cool evenings.
- Average High Temperature: 70-degrees
- Average Low Temperature: 53-degrees
- Rainfall: 2 inches
At the extremes, Anaheim's record low temperature was 30-degrees, and its record high was 108-degrees.
What to Pack
November starts the California rainy season. Take a poncho or hooded rain jacket if it's forecasted. They're much more practical than umbrellas which make it hard to move around and are a nuisance to stow every time you want to go on a ride.
Otherwise, dress sensibly in shoes that won't make blisters on your feet. Leave the dangling things home so they don't get caught where they shouldn't or fall off on a ride. If you're staying all day, you'll need some layers as the day cools off. You could also conveniently forget to pack that and have an excuse to pick up a cute new hoodie or sweatshirt.
- Disneyland Christmas holiday celebrations begin early in the month.
- Early in the month is the unofficial Dapper Day evening event, when visitors dress up in their cutest clothing. They sometimes offer discounted tickets for afternoon entry on their website.
- If you want to have Thanksgiving dinner at any restaurant in the Disneyland Resort, don't procrastinate. Mark your calendar and set an alarm to remind yourself to make reservations exactly 60 days ahead of time. Reserve online or call (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily (Pacific Time).
- During the first half of November, Disneyland is busy on weekends, but uncrowded during the week. Many visitors like to go during that time of the month to see the holiday decorations and enjoy the nice weather.
- During Thanksgiving week, the parks will be swamped. You'll need some strategies to keep you out of lines and having fun.
- There is a crowd forecast calendar to get a day-by-day prediction of the crowds.
- Hotel costs will go up after the first week of the month and will be the highest (and availability lowest) during Thanksgiving week.
- One advantage of the busier times at Disneyland is that all the rides will be running, except for extensive renovations that take many months and brief closures for routine maintenance.