Naturism is quite popular in New Zealand. It is not illegal to be nude on the beach, although discretion is essential. There are a number of clubs as well as private homestays and resorts, some of which offer accommodation. If you are looking to enjoy naturism during your travels in the North Island, here are the options that are available.
If you are visiting a naturist or nudist club or resort, here are a few things to note:
- In most of these places, nudity is required, weather permitting. Of course, with New Zealand's cool climate it is perfectly acceptable to cover up when the weather gets cool.
- If you are going to be visiting several of the clubs it is a good idea to become a member of the International Naturist Federation (INF). You will receive a better reception (and possible even a discount).
- Slap on the high-factor sunscreen. The New Zealand sun is fierce and you will burn very quickly without protection, even on cloudy days.
01 of 06
02 of 06
Auckland Naturist Clubs and Accommodation
03 of 06
Waikato Naturist Clubs and Accommodation
Homestays/Bed and Breakfast:
- Saxon Lodge (Hamilton)
- Woodside Park/Waikato Outdoor Society (Hamilton)
04 of 06
05 of 06
Hawkes Bay Naturist Clubs and Accommodation
- Hawkes Bay Outdoor Leisure Club (Napier)
06 of 06