Keep up to date on events in Greece with these major on-line Greek news sources. Whether you're traveling to Greece soon or if you just have a general interest in Greek happenings, these resources are for you.
- eKathimerini.com provides news from Greece, updated at least daily Monday through Saturday (English only). They list planned strikes, which is handy for keeping up on travel delays in the major cities and for travel between islands.
- Athens News Agency-Macedonian Press Agency is updated daily. The news is in English on this page, but they provide other languages, including Russian, Chinese, and Greek.
- For more breaking news on Greece, you may also want to search Twitter using #Greece, #Athens, or similar terms. Facebook news also makes it extremely easy to keep up with happenings around the world (Greece included).
Television News in Greece
- Sky TV Greece: This link plays all programming from Sky TV in Greece, not just news. In the case of major events, the news coverage may be continuous. This is in Greek only.
- During strikes by journalists in sympathy with other unions, news and media sources in Greece may not be updated. If you want to know what the Greece news today is during those times, we've found the BBC World News site to be useful when news coming out of Greece is scanty. The CNN International Edition is also helpful for news from Greece, especially for Greek news headlines which are not being covered in the U.S.
- The National Herald is a Greek-American newspaper online, covering many stories on Greece plus activities and news of Greek Americans. This is of most interest to Greeks living in America.
- AnsaMed-Greece is news with a business and tourism slant for the entire Mediterranean region, including Greece, Turkey, and Cyprus. It is in English, Italian, and Arabic. The link leads to recent news about Greece in English.
Other News Sources About Greece
- GR Reporter has some interesting financial news and analysis in addition to general news about Greece. It is based in Bulgaria, so it has a more Eastern European perspective which can be an interesting contrast.
- Greek Hollywood Reporter is based in the U.S. and it specializes in Greek and Greek-American celebrity news. While it is mostly fluff, it is entertaining.
- Today's Events in Athens is a calendrical listing of events in various locations in Athens. It is from AngloInfo. While it is handy for foreigners living in Athens for an extended period, most of the events are not of interest to tourists.
- Hellenic Shipping News: International News about the shipping industry as it affects Greece and Greek shipping companies, which dominate the global industry.
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!