Attracting over 185,000 participants in 2016, New York Comic Con is an annual pop culture convention focused on comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies and television. Participants can meet and interact with their favorite creators and characters, get autographs, meet other fans, and even screen films and TV shows before they are released to the public. It's the largest comic book and pop culture gathering in the country.
Many attendees dress up for Comic Con, so it's a fun, exciting experience and the people-watching is unparalleled. With so many folks participating in the four-day event, it's no surprise that there are often lines to get autographs and not everyone is able to get into every panel that is offered. Some VIP tickets afford holders easier access to these premium activities. If you're planning to dress up, keep in mind that there are lots of restrictions on realistic/realistic looking weapons at Comic Con, so check out the NYCC FAQ.
Keep in mind that it is at the discretion of participating characters/artists whether to pose for photos with fans. Autographs are limited to one per person and can be on your Comic Con program or on authorized merchandise -- no bootlegs will be signed. You can see some of the planned comic guests, as well as an archive of past Comic Con guests on their website.
Tips for Attending NYCC:
- From Midtown Comics: How To Survive New York Comic Con
- From Time Out NY Kids: How To Survive Comic Con with Kids
- No selfie sticks are allowed at Comic Con.
Tickets: VIP and multi-day tickets typically sell out quickly once they are made available. (This typically happens in June.) Single day tickets remain available for a longer time.
(Awaiting pricing update for 2017.)
- Single day Tickets: $40-50
- Three Day Tickets: $75
- Four Day Tickets: $105
- Sunday Kid-Day Ticket: $5
- VIP Tickets: $215-$525 include access for four days and many special amenities
Bringing Kids To Comic Con:
- All attendees ages 6 and up must have a ticket
- On Sunday, Comic Con has a special "Kids Day Ticket" for $5 but supplies are limited.
- Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult, and NYCC recommends that all visitors under 18 be with an adult
- Location: Jacob Javits Center
- NYCC on Social Media: Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube