NYBG in Brief: Founded in 1891, the New York Botanical Garden boasts one of the world's greatest collections of plants. Fifty gardens, 50-acres of native forest, and a Victorian-style glasshouse can all be explored when you visit the 250-acre Botanical Garden.
Tips for Visiting:
- Grab a map -- it will help you plan your route and make the most of your visit. They're available free at the entrance.
- Eating - You can bring a lunch to enjoy in the picnic area (near the Children's Adventure Garden), or buy sandwiches, salads and more from the Garden Cafe or Visitor Center.
- Don't miss the Shop in the Garden - If someone on your souvenir list has a green thumb, it's a great stop. And if you just like beautiful gifts, there are great things too.
New York Botanical Garden Basics:
- Address: 2694 Dr Theodore Kazimiroff Blvd, Bronx, NY
- Phone: 718-817-8700
- Website: http://www.nybg.org
How Do You Get to the New York Botanical Garden:
The easiest access to the New York Botanical Garden is via the Metro-North Railroad.
- Metro-North Railroad: The New York Botanical Garden is located directly across the street from the Metro-North Botanical Garden Station (local stop) on the Harlem Line. You can catch the train from Grand Central Terminal, and it's only a 20 minute ride.
- Driving: Parking is available at the New York Botanical Garden for $12/car; $12 and $15 options are available on weekends and holidays. (Directions and Parking Details)
- Subway: Take the B, D or 4 trains to Bedford Park Blvd. and either walk or take a bus to the Botanical Gardens (Detailed transfer/walking directions)
New York Botanical Garden with Kids:
- Everett Children's Adventure Garden: This interactive garden offers activities geared towards children 2-12 years old, including mazes, hands-on activities and more.
- Ruth Rea Howell Family Garden: Children will enjoy digging in the dirt in this garden that is maintained primarily by children. There are activities for children held daily, except when the garden is closed November - March.
- Family Friendly Events: Kids will enjoy the engaging family-friendly activities offered throughout the New York Botanical Garden.
- Strollers are not allowed inside the Conservatory, but can be safely parked outside.
- New York Botanical Garden Admission Costs
- Grounds-only admission is free on Wednesdays and on Saturdays from 9-10 a.m..
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Closed Mondays (except Federal Holidays, like Memorial Day, Labor Day)
- Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas
New York Botanical Garden Annual Events:
- Orchid Show: late February - early April
- Holiday Train Show: late November - early January