Nickname: The Empire State
Population: Third most populous state with 19,465,197 residents
Size: 27th largest state by area
Largest City: New York City
The state of New York is one of the most popular travel destinations in the United States, primarily because it is the home of New York City (also called New York, New York). New York City is one of the top tourist destinations in the United States, let alone one of the top destinations in the eastern USA.
New York City is home to more than eight million people, almost half of the population of the entire state.
Guides to New York Places on About.com
- New York City Travel
- City Guide to Manhattan
- City Guide to Queens
- City Guide to Brooklyn
- Guide to Long Island
Maps of New York
- Google Map of New York City
- Official New York City Maps. Includes links to subway maps, park maps, bike maps, and neighborhood guides.
Top Attractions/Things to Do in New York City
- Statue of Liberty
- Empire State Building
- Times Square
- Central Park
- Michelin-Starred Restaurants in New York City
- New York City's 11 Best Free Landmarks and Attractions
- Top 10 Romantic Places in New York City
- Best Walking Tours of New York City
- Top 5 Stores for Discount Shopping in New York City
- 10 Best New York City Museums
- New York City Required Eating
- Best Things to Do in Brooklyn
Top Attractions/Things to Do in New York State
- Long Island Beaches
- Hudson River Valley Tourism. Links to ideas for outdoor recreation, historic travel, wineries, and more.