Northeast Ohio boasts dozens of festive New Year's Eve events, from the family-friendly First Night in Akron to Cleveland Pops Orchestra concert, from restaurant parties to dinner cruises. Find out more about what's going on in the city New Year's Eve. (All events are December 31 unless otherwise noted.) (Updated for 2013/2014.) Events will be added as they are announced.
- Cleveland Rocks NYE - Public Square is the place and Drew Carey is the host for this "Ohio homecoming" New Year's bash. The party starts at 8pm and admission is free.
- New Year's Eve at the Rocksino -- Cleveland's new Hard Rock Rocksino at Northfield Park is hosting a New Year's Gala with music by Detroit's the Romantics. Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the door and include one drink, appetizers, party favors and noisemakers. The party starts at 9pm.
- Cleveland Pops Orchestra - Severance Hall, Concert and Dance with Will & Anthony Nunziata and their "Broadway Nights" revue; Concert at 9pm, dancing afterwards until 1:00 a.m., call 216 231-1111 for tickets.
- First Night Akron - Enjoy this family-friendly event in downtown Akron. In its 18th year, there will be fireworks, live entertainment, and more than 70 artists; admission is $10, under 10 are free with accompanied by a button-wearing adult; the party starts at 5pm.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo - Celebrate the New Year with crafts, animals, live music, refreshments, and even a traditional "ball-drop"; 10am - 1pm, free with zoo admission.
- Nautica Queen New Year's Eve Gala - lavish buffet and hors d'oeuvres, two levels of entertainment, free parking, and Champagne; 8pm - 1am; call 216 696-8888 for reservations.
- House of Blues - New Year's Eve concert with The Atomic Punks, a Van Halen Tribute band; 9pm; dinner and overnight packages at the Hyatt Regency are also available; concert tickets are $25 and $35; call 216 523-2583 for tickets and details.
- Brennan's annual New Year's Eve Party - Brennan's Party Center, 13000 Triskett Rd., 216 251-2131; live music by Frank and Dean and then some, a prime rib buffet, Champagne and a top shelf bar; 7pm - 1am; $89 per person
- Lodge at Geneva State Park , 4888 North Broadway, Geneva-on-the-Lake; New Year's Gala; overnight packages from $399; includes accommodations, a five-hour open bar, dinner for two; a Champagne toast at midnight and breakfast; call 440 466-7100
- Grand River Cellars - New Year's eve party - 5750 South Madison Rd., Madison; 440 298-9838; 630pm -?; light appetizers, buffet dinner, dancing from 830pm, dessert, snacks, bottle of wine, breakfast; Price $67.95 per person.
- Fire Food and Drink - 13220 Shaker Square, Cleveland, 44120; 216 921-3473; festivities begin at 7pm; follow the link for details.
- New Year's Eve Party - Shooter's, 1148 Main Ave., Cleveland 44113; 216 861-6900; $20 general admission
- New Year's Eve Dinner - Harry's Steak House, 5664 Brecksville Rd., Independence; 216 524-5300; dinner 3pm - 11pm
- New Year's Eve Party - Hilton Garden Inn, 700 Beta Banquet and Conference Center, Mayfield Village; 400 646-1777; appetizers, open bar, prime rib dinner, Champagne toast at midnight; 7pm- 1am; live music by FasTrack!; packages from $199/couple
- New Year's Eve Menu - Alessandro's, 6540 Lake Rd., Geneve-on-the-Lake; 440 964-5766; special five-course New Year's menu
- New Year's Eve Dinner - Flour, 34205 Chagrin Blvd., Moreland Hills, OH; 216 464-3700; 9pm-11pm; three-course, prix fixe menu
- New Year's Eve Gourmet Menu - Greenhouse Tavern, 2038 East Fourth St., Cleveland; 216 443-0511; Chef Jonathon Sawyer has created a10+-course, gourmet tasting menu for the celebration; $99 pp, optional wine pairings are additional; vegetarian and omnivore menus available; vegan selections available with advance notice.
- New Year's Eve Dinner - Paladar - 28601 Chagrin Blvd., Woodmere; 216 896-9020; special menu
- New Year's Eve Dinner - 87 West at Crocker Park - Crocker Park; Westlake; 440 250-2334; 7pm; 5-course dinner; $50 per person
- New Year's Eve 2013 - Crosswinds Grille - Lakehouse Inn and Winery, 5653 Lake Rd. East, Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH; 440 466-8668; special New Year's Eve menu
- New Year's Party - Liquid - 1212 West 6th St., Cleveland (Warehouse District); 216 479-7717; open bar from 7pm 9pm with light appetizers, light entertainment, Champagne toast at midnight; $30 cover
For more New Year's Eve events, see page two
(Last updated 12-27-13)
More New Year's Eve 2013/2104 events:
- The Improv - Laugh the New Year In!; Brad Williams performs; three different packages, ranging from $30 to $65; show times are 6pm (show and dinner), 6pm (show only), 730pm (show only), and 10pm (New Year's Eve show); call 216 696-4977 for reservations.
- Executive Caterers at Landerhaven - New Year's Eve 2013-Dancing on the Red Carpet; 8pm - 2am; 6111 Landerhaven Dr., Mayfield Hts; 440 449-0700open bar, champagne, appetizers, food stations, breakfast at 1am; live music: $140/person
- Windows on the River - New year's eve party; Nautica in the Flats; 730pm - ?; appetizers and cocktails; beef tenderloin dinner; open bar; dancing to music with a live DJ; dessert station and late night breakfast buffet; $100 per person; add a visit to the Cleveland Aquarium for a total package price of $150.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company - Brew Year's Eve; 2516 Market Ave.; 216 771-4404; 7pm; $60 person includes three drink tickets, heavy hors d'oeuvres and live music.
- New Year's Eve Eve Celebration - DECEMBER 30 - Great Lakes Science Center, downtown Cleveland; 730pm - 1130pm; OMNIMAX movies, hot chocolate and snacks, balloon drop, and more; $24 per person; call 216 621-2400 for reservations.
- Ritz Carlton - New Year's Eve - 1515 E 3rd St., Cleveland; 216 623-1900; lobby lounge on the 6th floor; live music, dancing; from 930pm - 2am
- McCormick and Schmick's - 26300 Cedar Rd., Beachwood; 216 831-8100; regular menu and three New Year's Eve dinner specials
- New Year's Eve Party - Velvet Dog, 1280 W 6th St., Cleveland; 216 664-1116; 8pm to 2am; $25 general admission; $75 second floor package; $125 VIP admission; catering by Sushi Rock
- New Year's Eve Concert - Grog Shop, 2785 Euclid Heights Blvd., Cleveland Hts.; 216 321-5588; five band extravaganza, including Topidelic and Aliver Hall; Champagne toast at midnight; doors open at 8pm; concert at 9pm.
- New Year's Eve Concert - The Agora, 5000 Euclid Ave., Cleveland; 216 881-2221; concert with Ekoostik Hookah; 9pm - 2am; tickets $30 - $45
(Last updated 12-18-13)