Looking for something fun to do for New Year's Eve in the Maryland suburbs? Here are some suggestions of ways to ring in the new year in Maryland, near Washington DC. Advance ticket purchases are required for many events, so be sure to check the official websites.
- New Year's Annapolis - Enjoy a family oriented, alcohol-free New Year’s celebration on the City Dock and along Main Street in Annapolis, Maryland. Annapolis Children's Museum returns this year with their “Awesome Children's Fun Time” starting the day at 3 p.m. Be sure to stay for the 7:30 p.m. fireworks. The celebration continues with "Dancing Under the Stars" when the Big Band sounds begin at 8 p.m. and lead to a countdown to the New Year and midnight fireworks.
- New Year's Eve in Baltimore - Whether you prefer a lively night on the town, a romantic evening for two or a laid-back celebration with the kids, there are lots of ways to ring in the new year in Baltimore. Enjoy fireworks, live music and dancing, family-friendly events and more.
- Maryland Live! Casino - Dine in style on an award-winning menu, rock out at an all-inclusive bash at Rams Head Center Stage and celebrate the New Year in different exotic locales with themed entertainment and prize drawings from Moscow to Athens, Paris, London, and a grand finale in New Orleans. Countdown to Midnight from New York City with party favors and a champagne toast.
- The Fillmore Silver Spring - Attend a concert at the region's newest live concert venue, located in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Bethesda Blues & Jazz and Supper Club - 7719 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD. New Year’s Eve Party. The evening includes a four-course dinner with dessert, wine, drinks, a champagne toast, noise makers, balloons, and party hats.
- DC Blues Society New Year’s Party – American Legion Post 41, 905 Sligo Avenue, Silver Spring MD. Evening includes a traditional southern-style dinner, party favors, midnight champagne toast, and cash bar.
- Big Night DC - The DC Area's Largest New Year's Eve Extravaganza. Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, National Harbor, Maryland. Ten themed party areas encompassing the ballroom complex of the resort.
- New Year's Eve Swing Dance at Glen Echo Park - 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, Maryland. (301) 634-2222. Swing in the New Year with music, party favors, dessert, and a sparkling cider midnight toast. Ring in the New Year in a family-friendly, alcohol-free, smoke-free environment.
- New Year’s Eve at Rams Head On Stage - 33 West Street, Annapolis, Maryland. (410) 268-4545. Tickets to the show include appetizers, a gourmet buffet dinner, dessert, and a bubbly champagne toast at the stroke of midnight.
- New Year’s Eve at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay - Cambridge, Maryland. The resort hosts a DJ-hosted dance party with balloon drop and champagne toast, Bounce Houses, Arcade, teen room, and game room, live music and special dining options.
- Mardi Gras New Year's Eve Dance Celebration - Cherry Hill RV Park Conference Center, College Park, Maryland. The New Year’s Eve Dance and Party is sponsored by Dean & Dawn Garrish, World Champion Dancers & Instructors. The music will be a mix of mostly West Coast Swing with a Two Step, Waltz, Cha Cha, Hustle, East Coast Swing, Night Club Two Step and more. Cabins at the Park to stay overnight are available for rent on a first come, first serve basis. Contact the Park office at (301) 937-7116.
Looking for a holiday getaway? See a guide to the Top 10 Maryland Resorts and Lodges