Baltimore is a fabulous place to celebrate New Year's Eve, whether you prefer a lively night on the town, a romantic evening for two or a laid-back celebration with the kids. Ring in 2017 in style with fireworks, live music and dancing, family-friendly events and more. Make your plans early as some celebrations require reservations.
01 of 06
Party the Night Away at a Gala Event
Celebrate New Year's Eve with live music, dancing, an open bar, buffet dining, a champagne toast and more.
- NYE Live! At the Power Plant - 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Power Plant Live, 34 Market Place, Baltimore, MD. The all-inclusive party includes 10 bars, food and drink, DJ performances, themed party favors, laser shows, dancing and a midnight showing of the Times Suare Ball Drop. 21 and up. Tickets: $95 and up.
- Big Night Baltimore - 9 p.m. -2 a.m. The Grand, 225 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD. All-inclusive, multiple party rooms, food and drink, bands, DJs, dancers body painters, midnight celebration. Tickets: $115 and up.
- Charm City Countdown - 9 p.m. -2 a.m. Hilton BWI, 1739 W. Nursery Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD. This year's theme is Once Upon a Time, a cross between fairy tale and Neverland. Multiple bars, 10 party zones, 12 bands, DJs and other entertainment. Ballon Drop at midnight. Tickets: $109 and up.
- Howl at the Moon - 7 p.m. -1 a.m. 22 Martket Place, Baltimore, MD. Multiple... packages. The high energy show is centered around dance hits and party anthems. New Year's Eve packages include options for seating or standing room, food and open bar. Tickets: $65 and up.
02 of 06
Take a Harbor Cruise
What better way to spend New Year's Eve than aboard a boat on the Chesapeake Bay? These cruises offer music, dancing and a prime view of the fireworks at the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Advanced reservations are required.
- Spirit Cruises - 9:30 p.m. -12:30 a.m. 561 Light Street Baltimore, MD. Count down to 2017 with a holiday buffet, open bar, champagne, live DJ entertainment, and incredible views of the fireworks. Tickets: $179.90. Must be 21 or older.
- Black-Eyed Susan - 8:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Baltimore Marine Center, 2700 block of Boston Street, Baltimore, MD. Ring in the New Year aboard an old fashioned paddlewheel riverboat while cruising Baltimore’s Inner with dinner and dancing. Enjoy panoramic view of the fireworks display from the heated and glass enclosed observation deck. Tickets: $165.
03 of 06
Ring in the New Year with Fireworks
Baltimore Inner Harbor. Fireworks at midnight, Live entertainment from 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. at the Inner Harbor Amphitheater. Ring in 2017 with family and friends watching the colorful fireworks filling the sky above downtown Baltimore. The event is free and the display can be seen from the surrounding area. Enjoy a late night dinner at one of the city's great restaurants and then head over to the harbor to watch the show. Celebrate in style and spend the night in town. (See hotel suggestions below)
04 of 06
Celebrate During the Day with Your Kids
These events are family focused with indoor activities especially designed for kids.
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Port Discovery Noontime New Year - 10 a.m. -5 p.m. 35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD. The children's museum counts down to the new year with performances and activities geared to ages 2-10. With three floors of hands-on experiences, this is a great way to spend the afternoon with the kids. Regular admission fees apply.
- Maryland Science Center Midnight Noon - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. 601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD. Ring in the new year where children can enjoy the ball drop before bedtime. Festivities include live music, dancing and arts and crafts. The entire museum will be open. Regular admission fees apply.
05 of 06
Watch the Hampden 34th Street Ball Drop
34th Street between Chestnut St. and Keswick Rd. Baltimore, MD. For a more laid back celebration, head to the Hampden neighborhood, see the Christmas light display and join the community's annual ball drop at midnight. Read more about Hampden's Miracle on 34th Street.
06 of 06
Baltimore Hotel Suggestions
Spend the night in town and celebrate all night long! Here are a selection of some of the best hotels in Downtown Baltimore. Check rates and read visitor reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor - 300 Light Street, Baltimore, MD
- Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel - 202 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD
- Hyatt Place Baltimore Inner Harbor - 511 S Central Ave, Baltimore, MD
- Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor - 301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD
- Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor - 100 Hopkins Place, Baltimore, MD
- Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel - 300 South Charles Street, Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront - 700 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards - 110 S Eutaw St, Baltimore, MD
- Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor - 1000 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD
- Four Seasons Baltimore - 200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD
- Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor - 2 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD
See also, Top 10 Things to... Do in Baltimore