Memphis offers a great selection of New Year's Eve events to help you ring in 2011! From family activities to adult-only celebrations, here are some of the best.
Updated December 2017 by Holly Whitfield
01 of 07
Trolley Stop Market will host their annual kid-friendly New Year's Resolution Party at the restaurant on Saturday, December 30 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Expect treat decorating, resolution declarations, family bingo, crafts, and of course - a balloon drop .
Tickets are just $5 per kid, but you'll need to make a reservation by calling 901-526-1361 or emailing email@example.com.
02 of 07
Make your countdown on Beale Street for the 10th annual Hard Rock Guitar Drop at midnight at this huge New Year's Eve celebration. Party with tens of thousands of people, enjoy live music, purchase drinks, and watch the ten-foot-tall guitar "fall" to ring in 2018.
On Beale Street itself, B.B. King's will have a stage set up at Fourth Street and Beale with live music starting at 8:45 p.m. There will be fireworks at midnight. The street is free to enter, but only for patrons 21 and up.
Tickets for the Guitar Drop are $35 for general admission to the stage front area, and can be purchased through Hard Rock Cafe.
03 of 07
New Year's Eve Fine Dining
Plenty of Memphis restaurants offer fine dining on New Year's EVe. They'll have prix fixe menus and require reservations.
- Paulette's Restaurant at the River Inn at Harbor Town will offer a four-course meal in their upscale, French-inspired space.
- Bleu Restaurant inside the Westin Hotel will host a party with a toast and favors, and a $55 surf-and-turf dinner special.
Read more about Fine Dining in Memphis. These romantic restaurants are perfect for any special occasion--including New Year's Eve.
04 of 07
New Year's Eve Casual Dining
For a more relaxed dining experience, try these more casual New Year's Eve dinners and some of Memphis' favorite establishments.
- In addition to New Year's Eve brunch, Celtic Crossing will offer a four course dinner, champagne toast, and live music.
- Blind Bear Speakeasy on Main Street downtown will serve a three-course meal starting at 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
New Year's Eve Live Music
Memphis is the music city - home of the blues and the birthplace of rock 'n' roll - so it's no surprise that so many of our New Year's Eve events revolve around great bands.
- Two Memphis favorites - Pearl and Almost Famous - will keep Lafayette's Music Room busy on NYE; your ticket gets you community seating, passed appetizers, and a bubbly toast at midnight.
- Southern Avenue, Stax Music Acadey, and Star & Micey will perform at Railgarten's free New Year's Eve event, sponsored by Memphis' own Old Dominick Distillery. Except crowds.
- Mr. William Davenport, R&B and soul musician, will perform at Memphis Sounds Lounge and they'll have free food.
- Young Avenue Deli will host Spaceface's laser rock show for New Year's Eve. The $10 cover charge includes 3d glasses, and champagne, plus they'll have $2 beers.
- New Orleans band Quintron and Miss Pussycat will put on a show at the HiTone.
- Memphis' Southern rock band The Dead... Soldiers perform at the P&H Cafe; HEELS and Katrina Coleman will also perform.
06 of 07
The Peabody hosts one of the biggest Memphis New Year's Eve parties every year, with multiple bands, a DJ, and a jazz trio in the lobby, mezzanine, and Corner Bar areas. Expect plenty of dancing, drinks, and more. VIP tickets include some drinks and appetizers. Tickets are $50 for general admission and $150 for VIP.
07 of 07