Public transportation can be a great way to get to the New Mexico State Fair. There are regular bus lines that pass by the Fairgrounds, and if you live near a bus line, you can just hop on the bus, or drive to a Park and Ride transit center and ride to the fair.
You can use ABQ RIDE regular bus service from any of the city's bus lines, or from its five Park and Ride facilities. Four ABQ RIDE bus routes, including rapid ride routes #766, #777, #66 and #157 will drop off and pick up riders at Central and Louisiana, and other bus stops by the fairgrounds.
ABQ RIDE will have a free shuttle from noon to 11:30 p.m. on the fair's two weekends. The shuttle will pick up inside Gate 9 at the Downs Casino-gate and shuttle to the admission booths inside the fairgrounds.
Park and Ride
You can leave your vehicle at a dedicated Park and Ride location and take a bus to the State Fair. Parking at the lots is free and they are patrolled by security officers. The recommended location for fairgoers is the one closest to the Fair, the Uptown Transit center, located south of Coronado Center. The centers are:
- Ellison and Coors bypass
- Central & Unser Transit Center
- Uptown Transit Center (2121 Indiana NE)
- Wenonah & Tramway
- Montano Transit Center (180 Montano NW)
On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, ABQ Ride will provide transit riders with a shuttle that delivers them inside the fairgrounds.
From its Park and Ride transit centers, transit riders can take five bus routes, to include two Rapid Ride routes and the Route #66 line. These five routes will deliver riders to the lot at Central and Louisiana, where they can take the shuttle into the fair.
Park at one of the following transit centers and take one of the bus lines. Regular bus fares apply; children under 10 ride free. Fares are $1 for adults, each way; seniors 62+ and mobility-impaired and students (10 - 18), .35 cents each way; accompanied children under 10 ride free.
Times are FINAL departure times to the transit facilities.
- Uptown, Uptown and America's Parkway; final departure time from Louisiana/Central
- Northbound Rte. 157-Louisiana/Montaño/Uptown —Weekdays -11 p.m.; Saturday-11:40 p.m.; Sunday-10:15 p.m.
- Northbound Rte. 766-Rapid/Red Line —Weekdays -9:35 p.m.; Saturday-9:05 p.m.; Sunday-6:40 p.m.
- Tramway and Wenonah
- Eastbound Rte. 66 —Monday-Thursday-12:25 a.m.; Friday & Saturday-1:20 a.m.; Sunday-12"05 a.m.
- Eastbound Rte. 777 Rapid Ride/Green Line —Weekdays-9:25 p.m.; Saturday-9:20 p.m.; Sunday-6:20 p.m.
- Central and Unser
- Westbound Rte. 66 —Monday-Thursday- midnight; Friday-1 a.m.; Saturday-12:45 a.m.; Sunday-11:50 p.m.
- Westbound Rte. 766-Rapid Ride/Red Line —Weekdays-9 p.m.; Saturday-8:45 p.m.; Sunday-6 p.m.
- Northwest Transit Center, Ellison and Coors Bypass (near Cottonwood Mall)
- Northbound Rte. 157- Montaño/Uptown —Weekdays-11 p.m.; Saturday-11:40 p.m.; Sunday-10:15 p.m.
Sometimes it's easier to hire a car to get to the fair, and bypass waiting to get in, sitting in line, and looking for a place to park. The New Mexico State Fair established a partnership with Uber so that riders can get to the fair. The Uber cars will use certain gates just for them which will help make your ride to the fair easier. On busy weekends, Uber will have a lounge with seating and refreshments so Uber customers can relax while waiting for pickup.