The New Mexico State Fair highlights the culture, agriculture, art and beauty of New Mexico. The fair also provides entertainment such as carnival rides, the PRCA rodeo, and special evening concerts. During the day, there are special spectaculars that take place along Main Street, to include car shows, petting zoos and more.
The New Mexico State Fair has always been modestly priced entertainment, but it also offers special discounts and deals to help visitors save a few dollars.
Some days are special recognition days that honor firefighters, law enforcement personnel, and teachers, with fair discounts. The fair's special recognition days are a way to honor New Mexicans who have dedicated their careers to public service.
What's the usual cost of admission? On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, fair admission is $10 for adults and $7 for kids and seniors. The cost of ride wristbands for unlimited rides is $35. But Walgreens offers a special advance purchase discount ticket, at any of their locations.
Walgreens Ride Passes at the New Mexico State Fair
Walgreens offers a Mega Pass ticket for $28 that gives unlimited carnival rides and also affords a free admission into the fair. The pass is sold at Walgreens stores and is good for any one day at the fair. The Walgreens Mega Pass is the most affordable option available for fairgoers on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Advance tickets and mega passes purchased through Walgreens will also serve as a fast pass that allows you to bypass the standard ticketing lines and enter into the fair more quickly.
Special Groups Discounts at the New Mexico State Fair
- Law Enforcement Day: All certified law enforcement personnel with a valid ID or badge are admitted free on this theme day.
- Firefighters Day: All firefighters with valid ID or badge are admitted free.
- Teacher Appreciation Weekend: All K-12 teachers with school issued ID are admitted free on these three days.
- Military and Veterans Day: Free admission goes to military and veterans with a valid ID or uniform.
- Bonus Rodeo: The cost of admission into the fair also gets you into the PRCA rodeo, in the general admission seats.
- Dollar Day: Admission to the fair is $1 the entire day. All rides are $1 per ride, with a minimum purchase of 10 rides required. Thursday, September 15: $20 Ride Wristbands Weekends at the fair, admission is $10 for adults and $7 for kids and seniors and the cost of wristbands is $35.
- PRCA Rodeo: Fair admission is included in the price of rodeo concert tickets. PRCA Rodeo and concert tickets can be purchased at the State Fair box office Monday - Saturday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., or through UNM Tickets.
New Mexico State Fair Ticket Prices
- Adult (12 - 64) $10
- Senior (65+) $7
- Child (6 - 11) $7
- Child (0 - 5) FREE
Grounds Parking at New Mexico State Fair
Gate 1 on Central has fair parking for $10 and $20. Gate 8 on Louisiana offers free parking. Handicapped parking is available at Gate 1.
There are also shuttle buses that offer a park-and-ride option from nearby Coronado Mall, and trolleys shuttling from both gates.