The hotel product in the Caribbean continues to evolve. From new boutique hotels to large mega resorts, this perennial favorite destination has something for everyone. Some properties offer an all inclusive package, there are new adults only properties, and some are great for kids and families.
Two noteworthy resorts on the island of Antigua.
- Sugar Ridge Resort is a luxury boutique hotel on the west side of Antigua. It sits on a hillside with fantastic views of the Caribbean and neighboring islands. The hotel has a sleek and modern look to it, with a huge spa and work out area. It's an ideal location for a destination wedding.
- Nonsuch Bay Resort in Freetown, Antigua, is a great vacation resort to find peace and quiet with incredible service and attention to detail. The resort is set in a secluded Bay area for relaxation, but also offers water sports and sailing for their guests.
- Secrets St. James in Montego Bay, for adults only is a romantic getaway on a long expanse of white sand private beach on a long peninsula. The resort has 350 suites and offers Unlimited-Luxury, which includes three meals and snacks daily, plus unlimited alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages for their guests, plus much more.
- Caribbean Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, is a pristine dream resort with stunning grounds and plenty for guests to do. Unlimited-Luxury by Secrets is also offered at this resort.
- Golden Eye Hotel & Resort in Oracabessa, on the northern coast of Jamaica is tucked away in a lagoon, offering guests beach or lagoon cottages. The resort is inspired by Ian Fleming who owned the property and created James Bond,007.
There are four top hotel choices in the Bahama Islands.
- Kamalame Cay, on Andros Island, Bahamas, is a very private resort for those who really want to get away from everything. The resort offers classis Bahamian cuisine with distinguished wines and beverages. It's a great destination for romance, eco tours, divers, or for total relaxation.
- Sandals Resorts has opened Sandals Emerald Bay, on Great Exuma, Bahamas. The resort is situated in white sand and exotic gardens. Guest can enjoy unlimited diving, or take part in yoga and pilates. Golf is also offered to guests at the resort.
- The Conrad Bimini Resort & Casino features 250 luxurious hotel rooms plus residences. Features include a casino and an elegant marina.
If you're looking for additional inspiration for a Caribbean holiday, here are some additional suggestions.
- Turtle Beach Bungalows in St. Kitts.
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
- W Retreat & Spa Vieques Island, Vieques, Puerto Rico.
- Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica.
Wyndham St. Croix Golf Resort & Casino, St. Croix
Hyatt Regency Trinidad.
Barbuda Belle features six bungalows with their own private balconies and stunning beach views.
A multi-million dollar renovation has restored the mid-century modern La Concha on San Juan's Condado Beach. The 248-room property is famous for its poolside restaurant set in a shell-shaped building.
Located on a pristine stretch of Antigua’s northern shore, the Hodges Bay Club offers a modern design and infinitey-edged pool.
Seven Stars Resort on Turks and Caicos' Grace Bay Beach features 115 rooms with their own fully-equipped kitchens.
Also on Turks and Caicos, the intimate 51-room Nikki Beach Resort is located in a gated area of Providenciales’s northern coast.
In the Dominican Republic, Peninsula House occupies a restored Victorian plantation house. It's located on the Samaná peninsula, and features six designer showcase suites.
If you're truly looking for a cozy destination, head to the Firefly Hotel in the Grenadines. With only eight rooms, this Bequia property is surrounded by coconut groves and a banana plantation.