The National Theatre in Washington, DC, a 1,676-seat Federal-style theater, produces Broadway-level plays and musicals. The theater is the oldest playhouse in the United States and has operated in the same location since 1835. Hundreds of celebrated stars have performed at the National Theatre including: Helen Hayes, John Barrymore, Joan Rivers, Carol Channing, Vivien Leigh, Laurence Olivier, Pearl Bailey, Sarah Bernhardt, Spencer Tracy, and Katharine Hepburn. Every president and First Lady since 1835 have attended performances here as well.
- School of Rock - The Musical - Wednesday, Jan. 16 - Sunday, Jan. 27.
- The Magic of Adam Trent - Saturday, Feb. 2.
- The Origin of Love: The Songs & Stories Of Hedwig - Friday, Feb. 8.
- Finding Neverland - Tuesday, Feb. 26 - Sunday, March 3
- Jukebox Hero The Musical - Friday, March 22 - Saturday, March 23
- A Bronx Tale - Tuesday, March 26 - Sunday, March 31
- Amanda Palmer - Friday, April 5
- Stomp - Tuesday, April 23 - Sunday, April 28
- Jim Steinman’s Bat Out of Hell The Musical - Wednesday, July 10 - Saturday, July 27
National Theatre Tickets
Tickets are available at www.thenationaldc.org or by calling the subscription hotline at (855) 486-2516. Group sales are also available by calling (844) 626-8090.
The National Theatre Box Office is located at 1321 Pennsylvania Avenue NW and is open Monday-Friday, Noon – 6 p.m.
Discount Tickets: A $25 ticket lottery us available for all Broadway at the National performances. Two hours prior to every performance show time, individuals may submit their names to be drawn to purchase up to two tickets. Names will be announced thirty minutes after the entry period (90 minutes prior to the show). Individuals must be present, with cash, to redeem the offer.
Free Performances at the National Theatre
- Saturday-morning children's theater
1321 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Closest Metro Station: Metro Center
See a map
The National Theatre is located in the heart of Washington, DC, just three blocks from The White House. Many restaurants, hotels and shops are located in the neighborhood surrounding the theater. Find restaurants in Washington, DC’s theater district.
Parking Lots Near the National Theatre
PMI - 1220 E Street, NW
PMI -1325 G Street, NW
QUIK PARK I - 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
QUIK PARK II - 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
COLONIAL PARKING - 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW