During the summer months, the Gaylord National Resort at National Harbor has hosted a free fireworks show over the Potomac River. Unfortunately, no fireworks will be displayed in Summer 2017. (If you're looking for fireworks, learn more about the 4th of July fireworks offerings in DC.) However, visitors can enjoy a variety of offerings including free nightly laser light shows, specials at its world-class resort spa, refreshing culinary features, and more.
The resort has partnered with Urban Pirates, a new pirate ship cruise in National Harbor to bring pirate festivities, packages, and other summertime fun through Labor Day Weekend.
Summer Entertainment at the Gaylord National Resort
The Gaylord is a world-class hotel and conference center with 2,000 guestrooms, flexible meeting and banquet facilities, six restaurants, a nightclub, retail shopping, a full-service spa and fitness center, indoor/outdoor swimming pool and outdoor event space. The property hosts a wide range of entertainment including:
- Summer Soiree: A Night of Jazz - Old Hickory Steakhouse, Saturday, May 27 and September 2 at 7 p.m. Guests are invited to experience an evening of world-class cuisine paired with the finest live jazz music in the capital region. Diners will enjoy the rich melodies of bassist and composer, Mike Pope, who has played with the likes of Michael Brecker, Blood Sweat and Tears, Chick Corea and Manhattan Transfer.
- Sips and Sounds - Belvedere Lobby Bar, Fridays on June 16, 23, 30; July 7, 14, 21, 28; August 4 and 11. Visitors can unwind with drinks, live music and breathtaking sunsets overlooking the Potomac River with music performances range from Jazz, Adult Contemporary, R&B and more.
- Burgers, Brews and Country Tunes - National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill, Saturdays, June 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 3 to 6 p.m. Diners can enjoy specialty burgers and more than 20 brews as the capital region’s best solo Country artists pay tribute to Music City.
- Silent Disco Party - Pose Rooftop Lounge, Saturdays, July 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 8 p.m. Resort guests can experience the coolest new way to enjoy music at the resort’s 18th floor rooftop lounge. Participants are given special headphones to wear and can select different music mixes created by a DJ to dance along to.
- Summer PJ Party - Atrium, Saturdays, August 5, 12, 19 and 26 at 8 p.m. Kids are encouraged to put on their pajamas and experience the latest dancing rage, The Silent Disco, in the resort’s lower atrium. Participants are given special headphones to wear and can select different music mixes just for kids to dance along to.
- Americana - Nightly Atrium Laser Light Show at 9 p.m. Guests are encouraged to gather in the resort’s garden atrium nightly to celebrate the music of America throughout the ages. During the show, viewers will experience samples of some of America’s favorite tunes choreographed with a laser light show and dancing water from the resorts signature fountain.
National Harbor is a 300-acre waterfront destination in Maryland with a prime location on the Potomac River, located near Washington DC. The mixed-use community includes hotels, restaurants, retail stores, condominiums, a full-service marina, a convention center, and commercial office space.
For more information, see a Visitors Guide to National Harbor.