The National Cathedral Flower Mart is Washington, DC's spring festival for garden enthusiasts and families that features annuals, perennials, landscape exhibits, Olmsted Woods and Garden Tours, musical entertainment, gourmet food, a book sale, and children's activities such as a rock wall, moon bounce, mini-Ferris wheel and a century-old restored carousel. Held on the grounds of the Washington National Cathedral annually since 1939, the Flower Mart is sponsored by the volunteer organization, All Hallows Guild.
The festival encircles Washington National Cathedral with its tents and includes more than 80 booths offering gardening items, handbags, jewelry, and more. Embassies and international floral designers produce an extraordinary display of floral arrangements.
The Flower Mart is held on the grounds of Washington National Cathedral at Wisconsin and Massachusetts Avenues, NW Washington, DC.
Note, the parking garage may fill up and street parking is limited. The closest Metro station is Cleveland Park. Shuttle buses will run from Tenleytown Metro stop on both days. Any #30 series bus, as well as Old Town Trolley, stops directly in front of the Cathedral.
Cathedral Tower Climbs
Attendees are invited to climb to the top of the Cathedral’s tower and see a spectacular view! The rarely permitted 333-step climb to the bell-ringing chamber in the great Central Tower takes you 300 feet above the ground.
International Floral Displays
One of the most popular and unique attractions at the Flower Mart, the International Floral Exhibit lines the nave of the Cathedral with beautiful floral displays created by many of the city’s foreign embassies to showcase their countries’ native flowers, histories, and cultures.
- All Hallows Guild Centennial Tent - Take a fascinating look back at All Hallows Guild’s first 100 years and its contribution to the gardens and grounds surrounding the Cathedral.
- SUPER Premier Plants Booth - Purchase annuals, perennials, locally-grown herbs, and miniature conifers in containers plus lovely hanging baskets. Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer questions.
- 1890’s Wooden Traveling Carousel - One of the last two remaining in the country, and now on the National Register of Historic Places, each hand-painted animal is a work of art with special significance to delight all ages.
- Kids’ Corner - Activities for kids include carnival rides, climbing walls, games, an old-fashioned Organ Grinder and his monkey, an antique Carousel, a Puppet Show, and non-stop musical and dance performances.
- Tea in the Tower - Don’t miss this opportunity to have a catered tea in the Cathedral Tower for individuals or groups.
- Iron Florist Competition - On Saturday morning, see local florists race to create the best floral displays on the West Front (the Wisconsin Avenue side of the Cathedral).
- Republic of Armenia
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
The Flower Mart is now a part of Passport DC, an annual celebration of international culture with tours of more than 70 embassies and hundreds of events including street festivals, performances, and exhibitions.