Nathan is a freelance contributor to TripSavvy. He has been working in the travel and outdoor industry for more than 15 years as a writer, photographer, editor, and product manager. His personal passions gravitate toward skiing, scuba diving, hiking, backpacking, trail running, biking, and perfecting the après adventures that follow such exploits, which has also let him develop a keen passion for spirits, beer, and wine—another topic that he covers for a variety of publications.
- Nathan's work has appeared in such publications as National Geographic Traveler, The Washington Post, Outside, Backpacker, USA Today, and Paste Magazine
- He co-authored a guidebook to his home town of Washington, D.C.
- His travels have taken him to South and Central America, Canada, South and Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico and all over the continental United States
Nathan's work has appeared in numerous publications including National Geographic Traveler, The Washington Post, Outside, Backpacker, USA Today, and Paste Magazine, among many others. He co-authored a guidebook to his home town of Washington, DC, and has also worked with Orbitz, AOL, AARP, and National Geographic Expeditions on various travel-related projects.
He holds an MFA in Writing from American University and studied abroad at Charles University in Prague.
- Active Jeans for the Active Man, The Gear Caster
- Drink Holders and Tumblers to Keep your Beer Cold for Hours, Paste Magazine
- The 10 Best Travel Apps, Jetsetter
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.