The Sobro Neighborhood is one of the eight Downtown Nashville neighborhoods. Sobro is bordered on the north by the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge (Shelby Avenue) and the core of downtown Nashville, to the west by the Gulch, to the south by I-40, and to the east by the Cumberland River as well as parts of the Rolling Mill Hill and Rutledge Hill Neighborhoods.
Sobro encompasses eight city blocks and is one of Nashville's fastest changing neighborhoods. Currently, it is home to the Music City Center convention center, and there are a ton more urban developments in the works too.
Its centerpiece is the Hall of Fame Park and centered around the park you will see some of Nashville's most impressive buildings including the stunning Schermerhorn Symphony Center, the Music City Center, the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, and the Nashville Arena, home to the Nashville Visitors Center. One block to the north is Lower Broadway where you will find Nashville's Honky-Tonk District.
The southern end of Sobro is still mainly an old underdeveloped business area but as every year goes by the Sobro Neighborhood garners more and more residents, renovation, and renewal that's heading from the north to the south end of Sobro.
A local business owner in the Sobro neighborhood once said that having a business Sobro was like having a neighborhood bar and waiting for the neighborhood to arrive. We think that Sobro is well on its way to becoming one of Nashville's hottest downtown communities.
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- Country Music Hall of Fame
In the Neighborhood
- Entertainment - Bridgestone Arena, Schermerhorn Symphony Center, 3rd and Lindsley, Howell Park, Sixth Avenue Skate Park, Rocketown
- Dining - Sobro Grill,Past Perfect, Hot Diggity Dogs, Flyte World Dining & Wine, Sole Mio, The Palm
- Retail & Business - TomKats, Bass Berry & Sims, Downtown Hilton, Drury Hotel, Frugel McDougals Wine & Liquor, Nashville Rescue Mission,
- Condos & Rentals - The Encore, Market Street Apartments
- Clubs - Fuse, The Muse, Menages, Arrow, Kiss After Hours, Christies
- Historical - Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, Musicians Hall of Fame, Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge, Gateway Bridge (Korean Veterans)
- Churches - Holy Trinity, Ame Church, First Baptist
- Lower Broadway
- The Gulch
- Cumberland River
- The Rutledge