01 of 20
If You Could Only See ONE Thing at Each Las Vegas Resort...
Let’s imagine that you have very little time in Las Vegas, ( I know, it makes me sad just thinking about it) Where would you go? What would you see if you could only visit one spot in Las Vegas?
That would be very difficult to decide so here you’ll find one spot in each resort hat you should consider visiting. Of course, as I always straddle the fence on decision making I will also suggest a few other spots that you might be able to squeeze in as you race through a particular Las Vegas resort.
Las Vegas resorts are like small cities so you can bet that everything you need is one spot so even if you have just a fraction of time on the Las Vegas strip you can get a pretty good taste of what this vacation destination is all about.
A few things to note about these must see sights in Las Vegas:
- You might be surprised to find out that plenty of these suggestions are either free or very cheap. (I'm cheap so naturally I am always looking to spend less when I am on vacation.)
- I mention places to have a drink as must see because one drink might get you a few hours of entertainment. Once again, If it's cheap and I can have fun i think you should see and do it.
- Food is an attraction so if it really good you'll notice that I mention it.
- Don't like these suggestions? Find me on social media and send me your own.
If you are curious about prices for attractions and things to do use this link and compare before you buy. You will find some good deal but it is also possible to find deals once you get to Las Vegas. It is a matter of preference and com fort level. Do you want everything set or do you want to make it up as you go along?
First up: Mandalay Bay Resort
Do you want to go rogue? Check out 100 Things to Do in Las VegasContinue to 2 of 20 below.
02 of 20
What is Mandalay Bay Resort’s Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas?
Cirque du Soleil does entertainment very well and they have become a cornerstone of the visitor experience in Las Vegas but a couple of shows really stand out. MJ ONE is one of those shows. It is more than Michael Jackson’s music, it is a general feeling of hope and excitement coming through dance and performance. If you don’t leave MJ ONE at Mandalay Bay with a smile on your face there is very little hope for you.
- Shark Reef – Let’s ignore the fact that you can sit and stare at sharks as they swim up close to you in the giant aquarium. Instead, focus on the rest of the exhibits that include reptiles and a touch tank and jellyfish and small windows into the undersea world environments in different locations around the globe. Now, think about the sharks again and you’ll see why you should visit.
- Aureole Wine Tower – Don’t fall in love with a Wine Angel, fall in love with the wine. This tower reaches high up and out of the restaurant and it houses so many great bottles that you want to check the balance on your credit card just to see if you can afford another. Happy hour at the base of the tower is one of the best deals in Las Vegas.
- Mandalay Beach – Sure this is a seasonal attraction but the beach season is a long one and if you are around from March to October you will need to dip your feet deep in the sand and ponder riding a few waves.
Nearby Attractions on This List: Within walking distance (or monorail), Luxor Las Vegas is next door as is Excalibur Hotel and Casino. Take the monorail to the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Tropicana and you have access to MGM Grand, New York/New York Hotels and Casino and the Tropicana.
Check TripAdvisor for deals on Things To Do In Las VegasContinue to 3 of 20 below.
03 of 20
What is Luxor Las Vegas' Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Luxor Hotel and Casino?
Spend some time looking straight up at the pyramid from the inside and attempt to not get dizzy, While you are doing that walk into Tacos and Tequila and sample some agave nectar along with some casual Mexican cuisine. Downstairs catch a game at Public House or walk in to Tender Steakhouse and try out their menu of wild game items that is perfect for the adventurous eater.
10,000 square feet of fun for sports fans and memorabilia enthusiast. This interactive museum inside Luxor Las Vegas allows you to be part of the display with fun competitive challenges and an array of exhibits that allow you to test your passion for sports.
Continue to 4 of 20 below.
- Bodies: The Exhibition: Get up close and personal with the human body
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition: Yes, there really was a boat and not just a movie.
- Public House at Luxor: Sports fan or food fan there is something for each of you.
04 of 20
What is New York-New York Resort’s Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at New York –New York Las Vegas?
Sure it is easy to put a roller coaster like the Manhattan Express on a list of must do things if it was the only thrill ride around but it’s not. Instead you must do it because it will drop you off a ledge and then spin you upside down and then make you scream. You board inside the New York-New York Hotel and Casino and then you go out to fabulous views of the Las Vegas strip and the Vegas Valley before your body shattering ride zips you around the front of the resort.
Continue to 5 of 20 below.
- Hershey's Chocolate World - Chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate in this store that is all about the sweet stuff.
- Nine Fine Irishmen - Grab a pint and sing out loud in the bar or find a seat and order some pub favorites.
- Zumanity - This adult show is a must for fans who need a little on the edge Cirque du Soleil action.
- Next door is the Park Las Vegas and T-Mobile Arena so get ready for some entertainment as well as plenty of food and rink options.
05 of 20
What is MGM Grand's Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at MGM Grand Las Vegas?
The obvious reason is that you are hungry and you want a quality meal. The real reason is that at this gem of a dining spot at MGM Grand you get a show as well. No, don’t misunderstand what I am saying, this is not a show kitchen where a volcano of onions will spew smoke. There are no entertainers in this kitchen, only professionals who labor over every nuance of your dish. This collections of chefs masterfully and artistically put out masterpieces that you get to eat. So, while the food is impressive, you’ll be dazzled by their attention to detail and their work ethic.
Yes, it is a show kitchen but a different show all together.
- TopGolf Las Vegas might be the best thing to do at MGM Grand if you need more than just food. Golf, games, drinks and food. This is a can't miss Las Vegas attraction
- Whiskey Down - Sit down and try a few drinks and then take the party into the adjoining casino. The selections are plentiful and the atmosphere will make you skip your dinner reservations and force you to take in liquid calories.
- Stay Well Rooms - Rejuvenate your soul and filter out the toxins in your body all by taking in a good nights sleep in a stay well room. Well, maybe I am exaggerating a bit but these rooms promote some serious relaxation.
- Hakkasan Nightclub - The super club that delvers with a restaurant, a lounge, a mega club and a cozy spot to meet new friends.
- CSI: The Experience - Solve a crime in Vegas just like you would on television.
If you are curious about prices for attractions and things to do use this link and compare before you buy. You will find some good deal but it is also possible to find deals once you get to Las Vegas. It is a matter of preference and com fort level. Do you want everything set or do you want to make it up as you go along?Continue to 6 of 20 below.
06 of 20
What is Monte Carlo Resort and Casino’s Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See in Monte Carlo Las Vegas?
You’ll stomp your feet, clap your hands and consider dancing during this energy filled show that is all about fun. Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo Resort is perfect for all ages and even if you didn’t think you wanted to see a group of blue people banging on some makeshift drums. You might be surprised by the positive messages from the show and don’t be surprised if you just can’t help but smile for the rest of your stay in Las Vegas.
Continue to 7 of 20 below.
- 800 Degrees - The best deal on food in Las Vegas will have you craving pizza your entire vacation.
- Hit Lounge - This small bar is located off of the casino floor and it specializes in classic cocktails done right by people who care about the art of the drink.
- Minus 5 Ice Bar - Sit down on a slab of ice and indulge in a drink served in a frozen glass. It is an ice bar in the middle of the desert.
07 of 20
What is ARIA Las Vegas: Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at ARIA Las Vegas?
The CityCenter Art Collection is one of those attractions that I wished more people knew about. Sure, you might have walked past a piece of art on public display but if you stopped to take a look you might realize that this stuff is good. I mean the artists featured in the massive public art project is comparable to what you find in National Mall in Washington D.C. Imagine seeing much of the same art without having to be in such close proximity of all those politicians. Walk into Aria Resort and ask the concierge for a walking tour pamphlet and you will find the best free attraction in Vegas.
Continue to 8 of 20 below.
- Spa at ARIA - Heated stone beds are really all you need to get back your mojo.
- Corner Suite at Aria - The view from your bed is really all you need to see.
08 of 20
What is Cosmopolitan Resort's Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See Cosmopolitan Las Vegas?
There are so many impressive spots at Cosmopolitan Resort that when I tell you that you need to visit Vesper Bar you might think I am nuts. Well, I am, however, you head to the bar to have a real drink. You head there because they will handle your cocktail with precision and the required care that should be paid to a good drink. While you are there you will decide to head to Rose. Rabbit. Lie. or grab a slice of Secret Pizza or even plan a day at the pool but you must know that those moments of clarity while planning occur because of the perfect drink in your hand.
Continue to 9 of 20 below.
- Marquee Day Club - A little dancing a little lounging and a lot of possible bad behavior just like we like it in Vegas.
- Chandelier Bar - Find a level that fits your need for a drink and then sit back and watch as Vegas comes alive all around you. Th epeople watching at this spot is as good as the drinks.
- A view from a terrace in a Cosmopolitan Room - The view will make you want to stay in your room forever.
- Wallworks: Garage Art - Art in the form of graffiti? It is actually street art and it fills the garage quite nicely.
09 of 20
What is Bellagio Las Vegas Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Bellagio Las Vegas?
Can you imagine that I am recommending Lily Bar and Lounge as the must see attraction at Bellagio before all of the other cool stuff in this resort? I should be examined and asked about my sanity. For me the draw at this mid-casino lounge is the atmosphere and the ability to have a seat in an upscale lounge without paying for the table. I like the feel, the drinks, the room and the people. You can start the night, end the night or just fulfill the night in this spot. Oh, right, you will see so much more here that this cannot be the only thing you see at Bellagio Resort.
Continue to 10 of 20 below.
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art - Fine art in a fine hotel after a fine meal followed by a fine cocktail.
- Jean Philippe - Breakfast lunch a snack or just something sweet. They have it all.
- Bellagio Fountains - Just how many times can you watch the fountains dance and tempt you to fall in love with Las Vegas?
- Dale Chihuly Glass Sculpture - Is all that glass really worth all that money? Yes.
10 of 20
What is Paris Las Vegas Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Paris Las Vegas?
What an obvious choice to select the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas but if you consider the views of the Fountains of Bellagio I am really telling you that for the price of one selection you can actually get two must see sights taken care of. If you go at dusk you can actually see a sunset and take in a great view from one of the best sights on the Las Vegas strip. Come to think of it from way up high on the observation deck you can probably ask someone to marry you. One decision could give you so much pleasure.
If you are curious about prices for attractions and things to do use this link and compare before you buy. You will find some good deal but it is also possible to find deals once you get to Las Vegas. It is a matter of preference and com fort level. Do you want everything set or do you want to make it up as you go along?Continue to 11 of 20 below.
11 of 20
What is Caesars Palace Las Vegas Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Caesars Palace Las Vegas?
There is no way you can miss Absinthe the show at Caesars Palace. It is among the very best shows in Las Vegas and it is precisely why Las Vegas is still the best adult playground on earth. You should know that with so many great places at Caesars Palace this top spot could be populated by any number of choices.
Continue to 12 of 20 below.
- The Forum Shops
- The Meat Loaf at Spago
- Have a cocktail at a bar at Caesars Palace
- Garden of the Gods Pool Complex
- Qua Bath and Spa
12 of 20
What is Flamingo Las Vegas’ Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Flamingo Las Vegas?
The Bar at Margaritaville
If you want a spot where the party is happening all the time you want a spot at the bar at Margaritaville inside Flamingo Las Vegas. You don’t have to be a Jimmy Buffet fan to have a good time but this spot might convert you. Parrot Heads are fun and chatty people. Step up to the bar order something blended and take in the atmosphere. It’s as if you are on a boat in a warm bay somewhere down south and you really have nowhere to go.
Continue to 13 of 20 below.
- Wildlife habitat at the Flamingo Las Vegas
- The Back Patio at Carlos ‘n Charlie’s
- The FAB Rooms at Flamingo Las Vegas
13 of 20
What is The LINQ’s Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at The LINQ?
How can I not tell you to check out the High Roller at the LINQ. It’s massive and can be seen from almost anywhere on the Las Vegas strip. Take the ride on this huge observation wheel and get a view of all of Las Vegas from 500 feet above the strip. I would suggest going right before sunset so as to take in both the natural and unnatural light show.
Honorable Mentions:Continue to 14 of 20 below.
14 of 20
What is Mirage Las Vegas’ Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Mirage Las Vegas?
The Beatle’s LOVE is arguably the best show in Las Vegas so it is slam dunk for must see attractions on any list. You don’t have to know the music or even like the Beatles to be impressed by the acts and performers in this Cirque do Soleil production at the Mirage Las Vegas. If you walk out of this show unhappy there is something wrong with you.
Honorable Mentions:Continue to 15 of 20 below.
15 of 20
What is the Palazzo/Ventian Resorts Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Palazzo/Venetian Resorts?
Canyon Ranch Spa
It is hard to beat the Canyon Ranch Spa at Venetian Las Vegas for a spot to discover a new level of relaxation while at the same time finding a spot to work on your body. The fitness center is huge and the diverse fitness classes they offer are plentiful. Toss in a climbing wall and an entire component devoted to feet and you can easily want to stay there all day. Now imagine our level of excitement when you finish your workout with a massage or facial. You also will spend time in their Aquavana environments that soothe your skin, mind and body with water environments ranging from super cool to humid and moist. If you have ever needed a spa day Canyon Ranch Spa is where you should experience it.
Honorable Mentions:Continue to 16 of 20 below.
16 of 20
What is The Wynn/Encore Resorts Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Wynn/Encore Las Vegas?
Parasol Down at Wynn Las Vegas is really about finding that perfect spot in Las Vegas where you can define your vacation. It doesn’t feel like Las Vegas. It feels far removed and when you sit on the patio with the sun shinning and the water casting off a radiant glare you feel like a gem. In fact it feels so nice you might order a second round of drinks.
Honorable Mentions:Continue to 17 of 20 below.
17 of 20
What is Circus Circus Las Vegas’ Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at Circus Circus Las Vegas?
El Loco at Adventuredome is the one thing that should attract you to Circus Circus. Why, well, the concept of an indoor, climate controlled theme park is spectacular but the fact that there are rarely any long lines for all the rides is even more of a reason to head to this location. Get on El Loco and you will soon learn to both love and hate the ride. You love the adrenaline rush but you hate the slight fear you feel (is that just me?)
Continue to 18 of 20 below.
- Circus Circus Steakhouse
18 of 20
What Is The SLS Las Vegas Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See at SLS Las Vegas?
The Sayers Club
You will feel a sense of “cool” when you walk into The Sayers Club at SLS Las Vegas. It’s different than a club because it does not feel as fake and pretentious. It feels like an upscale mini concert hall/lounge/living room. In other words, if you have the opportunity to see a live act in this small venue that also features an outdoor patio, run to the SLS Las Vegas. It’s comfortable, cozy, yet elegant with a modern chic to it.
Honorable Mentions:Continue to 19 of 20 below.
19 of 20
What is The Stratosphere Las Vegas Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See Stratosphere Las Vegas?
Ask yourself why you would not want to experience Sky Jump at Stratosphere Las Vegas? Does the idea of stepping out onto a platform high above the Las Vegas strip so crazy? What about stepping off that platform? What about falling in a controlled freefall? You can do this and you must do this! It is not as scary as you might think and the views on the way down are worth the stress. Two cables will slow you down and it really feels like an open air elevator.
Continue to 20 of 20 below.
- Level 107 Lounge
- The View from the top of the Stratosphere Tower
- Top of the World Restaurant
20 of 20
What is Downtown Las Vegas’ Must See Sight?
What's the One Thing You Should See In Downtown Las Vegas?
It is unfair to mention Downtown Las Vegas in just one page and then try to tell you that only one thing is a must do in this newly revamped part of town. With so much happening in and around downtown I can only say that you need to spend an entire day ore week exploring all that there is to see on this side of town.
What You Should See In Downtown Las Vegas:
- Mob Museum
- Downtown Container Park
- The Rooms at Golden Gate Hotel
- Fremont Street Experience