Peru’s 2016 concert schedule already looks good, with The Rolling Stones and Coldplay leading the way. Many more gigs and festivals are just waiting to be confirmed in Lima and elsewhere, so check back here or follow me on Facebook for all the latest updates.
- Joe Vasconcellos -- Jan 14, Sargento Pimienta, Barranco: Latin rock from the Chilean singer/songwriter.
- Matisyahu -- Jan 23, Dragón del Sur, Punta Hermosa (a district in southern Lima, known for its beaches): Expect an eclectic mix of musical styles from this Jewish American artist, real name Matthew Paul Miller.
- Electro Selvámonos -- Jan 23, Domos Art (Costa Verde, Magdalena del Mar): One of Peru’s biggest electronic music festivals returns in 2016.
- Molly Nilsson -- Jan 23, venue TBA: Swedish-born synth-pop artist.
- The Adicts – Jan 28, Discoteca Céntrica (Real Plaza), Lima: Old-school English punk.
- Hardwell -- Jan 29, Explanada de la Costa Verde: Big room and electro house from the acclaimed Dutch DJ.
See what else is happening in Peru in January.
- Electro Acústicos (Mar de Copas, Amén and Los 13 Baladas): Feb 13, Discoteca Céntrica (Real Plaza), Lima
- Pxndx (Panda) – Feb 20, Parque de la Exposición, Lima: Mexican rock.
- Tankard – Feb 26, C.C. Festiva, Lima: Thrash metal from Germany.
See what else is happening in Peru in February.
- John Cale -- March 1, Gran Teatro Nacional: This should be an interesting gig from the Welsh singer-songwriter and founding member of the Velvet Underground.
- We Are One Tour 2016 (Lagwagon, Belvedere, Mute and Adrenalized) -- March 5, Centro de Convenciones Festiva: Lagwagon are headlining this mini punk festival as it tours South America.
- The Rolling Stones -- March 6, Estadio Monumental: The legendary English rock band comes to Lima as part of its Latin America tour, with some of the most expensive tickets ever sold in Peru.
- VNV Nation -- March 8, Cocos Club: Electronic music from a band created in England and Ireland.
- Alejandra Guzmán – March 9, Jockey Club del Perú, Lima: Latin America’s Queen of Rock.
- Ximena Sariñana -- March 9, Teatro Pirandello: A gig from the Grammy-nominated Mexican singer-songwriter and actress.
- Tame Impala -- March 15, Parque de la Exposición: Psychedelic rock from Australia.
- Lila Downs – March 15, Gran Teatro Nacional, Lima: American–Mexican singer-songwriter and actress.
- Enforcer – March 18, Crypto Bar, Barranco, Lima: Swedish heavy metal.
See what else is happening in Peru in March.
- Festival Cultura Libre – April 2, Parque Andrés Avelino Cáceres, San Isidro, Lima
- Coldplay -- April 5, Estadio Nacional: Along with The Rolling Stones, this is the biggest concert of the year so far.
- Lima Back in Dark Festival -- April 8, Centro de Convenciones Festiva: A multinational night of dark rock with bands such as Clan of Xymox, Orgy, Trans-X, Decoded Feedback, Pecadores and more.
- Primera Parada al Festival Selvámonos – April 16, Paintball de Chorrillos, Lima
- Laura Marling – April 17, Auditorio del Pentagonito, Lima: English folk singer-songwriter.
- Brothertiger – April 22, Embassy, Plaza San Martin, Lima
- Lima Fest 2016 – April 23, CC Barranco Arena, Lima
- Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! – April 24, MK Vip, Lince, Lima: Rock from France.
- Alejandro Sanz – April 27, Estadio Nacional, Lima; April 30, Estadio U.N.S.A., Arequipa: Grammy Award-winning Spanish singer-songwriter and musician.
See what else is happening in Peru in April.
- José González – May 3, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, Barranco, Lima: Swedish indie folk singer-songwriter.
- SOJA – May 6, Centro de Convenciones Barranco Arena, Lima: Grammy-nominated reggae band from the USA.
- The Vamps -- May 10, Parque de la Exposición: The rapidly on-the-rise British pop band comes to Peru for the first time.
- Vivo X El Rock 7 – May 28, Estadio Nacional: One of Peru’s major music festivals, headlined this year by Limp Bizkit.
See what else is happening in Peru in May.
- Comeback Kid – June 10, Wayruro, Lince, Lima: Canadian hardcore punk.
- Alpha Blondy – June 11, Costa Verde de Magdalena Del Mar, Lima: A big name in international reggae.
See what else is happening in Peru in June.
- Foals -- July 27, C.C. Barranco Arena: Having cancelled a previous gig in Lima in October 2015, English indie rockers Foals have now confirmed a date in July 2016.
See what else is happening in Peru in July.
See what else is happening in Peru in August.
See what else is happening in Peru in September.
See what else is happening in Peru in October.
See what else is happening in Peru in November.
See what else is happening in Peru in December.