The concept of Sunday brunch has caught on in a huge way in Mumbai. Many casual and fine-dining restaurants in Mumbai now hold all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch buffets, and most of these include the option for unlimited alcohol as well. Try these restaurants for a delicious Mumbai Sunday brunch, across a range of cuisine types and locations.
Address4, Mandlik Rd, Colaba, Behind Taj Mahal Hotel, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Phone+91 22 6636 8999
The highly respected Indigo is a long-standing Mumbai favorite. It has the honor of being the first restaurant that's not part of an international hotel complex, to serve truly international food in the city. The restaurant’s diverse menu is predominantly inspired from France, Italy, the US and India. It’s also got one of the best wine lists in Mumbai. The Sunday brunch takes place in the restaurant's Colonial bungalow, complete with alfresco dining area and live music. Conveniently located in south Mumbai's Colaba area, it's a must for Mumbai visitors. Reservations are recommended.
- Address: 4 Mandlik Road, Colaba, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 6636-8999.
- Cost: 2,570 rupees, including alcohol.
World Cuisine: Seven Kitchens, Lower Parel
AddressThe St. Regis Mumbai, Floor 9M,, 462, Tulsi Pipe Rd, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013, India
Phone+91 22 6162 8422
Seven Kitchens has one of the best value Sunday brunches in the city due to the diversity of food on offer. As its name suggests, there are seven kitchens specializing in seven different types of world cuisine. Notably, there's a huge variety of sushi, cheeses, and seafood that's commonly absent from other brunches. Live music gives the brunch a buoyant vibe too.
- Address: The St. Regis hotel, 462 Tulsi Pipe Rd, Phoenix High Street mall complex, Lower Parel. Phone: (22) 6162-8422.
- Cost: 3,000 rupees for the non alcoholic brunch, 3,750 rupees for the free flowing sparkling wine brunch, and 5,000 rupees for the free flowing champagne brunch. Cocktails and spirits are included.
Rooftop Garden with DJ: Verbena, Lower Parel
AddressGate N0. 4, 4th Flr, Trade View Bldg, Kamala Mills, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013, India
Phone+91 98206 95034
A relatively new Sunday Brunch in Mumbai, this one takes place in the uplifting garden environment of Verbena's indoor and outdoor rooftop dining space. The emphasis is on healthy cuisine, made from fresh locally sourced and organic produce. There's a juice bar, salad bar, wok counter, BBQ, buffet with Mediterranean and Mughlai cuisine, and desserts. Plus, a DJ to set the mood!
- Address: Trade View Building, Beside Smaaash, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 3997-1886.
- Cost: 1,500 rupees for unlimited food and mocktails. 2,000 rupees for unlimited food, beer and wine.
Address105, Mumbai Samachar Marg, Apollo Bandar, Fort, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Phone+91 22 6555 0303
Ladies, this is the perfect Sunday Brunch to take your men to! With a slogan of "Eat, Drink, Obey", hopefully they will stay in line at this new restaurant with a quirky name. The focus is on supporting local farmers by taking a farm to fork approach in food preparation. The specially curated brunch offers an extensive spread of European dishes, plus creative cocktails.
- Address: 105 Apollo Street, opposite Laxmi Vilas Bank, Mumbai Samachar Marg, Fort, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 6258-8999.
- Cost: 1,199 rupees without alcohol. 1,499 rupees with alcohol.
AddressBalraj Sahni Road, Juhu Beach, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049, India
Phone+91 22 6693 4444
The Sunday brunch at the Novotel scores points for its fabulous poolside and seaside setting. Dine on a diverse range of Indian and international cuisine at The Square cafe. Grab an outdoor table if possible. And, why not stay on for the sunset over the ocean? Gadda da Vida, the hotel's bar, has happy hours from 4-8 p.m. and is the perfect spot.
- Address: Hotel Novotel, Balraj Sahani Marg, Juhu Beach, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 6693-4444.
- Cost: 3,500 rupees including alcohol. 2,800 rupees without alcohol. Includes pool access.
AddressNo. 14, Nargis Dutt Rd, Union Park, Khar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400052, India
Phone+91 22 4340 8228
Step through the blue doors and into the whitewashed courtyard, and enjoy the rustic ambiance of the Mediterranean countryside. Olive Bar and Kitchen is a favorite of fashionable Bandra's beautiful people and has a loyal following. The expansive Sunday brunch is renowned and the cocktails that go with it are delicious!
- Address: 14 Union Park, Khar West, Mumbai (near Carter Road, behind Cafe Coffee Day). Phone: (22) 2605-8228.
- Cost: 3,250 rupees including alcohol.
AddressJW Marriot, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Uditi Tarang Housing Colony, Juhu Tara, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049, India
Phone+91 22 6693 3344
Families will enjoy the satisfying Sunday brunch buffet at the JW Marriott’s Lotus Café, which is super kid-friendly. Children under 10 years old even eat for free! And, there's a special buffet for older children. The cafe gets its name from its location, bordering a lotus pond. The brunch is a luxurious yet casual affair with wide variety of dishes, including both Indian an international cuisine, spread over four courses.
AddressThe Oberoi, Mumbai, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021, India
Phone+91 22 6632 5757
In south Mumbai, Ziya offers a brunch with stunning view of the bay and "Queen's Necklace" on Marine Drive. This award-winning restaurant is headed by Chef Vineet Bhatia, one of the first Indians to be awarded a Michelin star (and he now has two of them!), who has returned to India after 25 years abroad. It serves creative, modern Indian cuisine in a gold-adorned setting.
- Address: The Oberoi hotel, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 6632-5757.
- Cost: 3,250 rupees with alcohol.
AddressEvergreen, 206, Waterfield Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
Phone+91 22 2640 8800
Hip Hakkasan opened in Mumbai in 2011, and is one of 11 such restaurants around the world (the first one was established in London in 2001). It offers exceptional Cantonese cuisine, led by Michelin-starred Executive Chef Ho Chee Boon. The substantial Sunday Brunch has six courses, from salads to dessert.
- Address: Krystal Building, 206 Waterfield Road, Bandra West, Mumbai. Phone: (22) 2644-4444.
- Cost: 2,250 rupees without alcohol. 3,500 rupees with alcohol.